Updated Bowl Projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Too early for bowl projections imo... Oregon has a good offense but their defense is chitty and gives up a lot of points. They play a real defensive squad they go down hard... and remember the '07 season, they were favorites for the BCS vs. tOSU until Dixon went down... Oregon will lose a game before the season ends as well most everyone else. Hell let TCU and BSU play for the lowest rated BCSNC ever...

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Looks about right.

How bout ULL playing in the Godaddy.com bowl game.

That's crazy stuff.

4. islstl

Anybody watching the game tonight would have a hard time wondering how Oregon is going to lose a game. They lead 32-3 over UCLA just before half.

I would circle the USC game, only because USC is the only team on their schedule who could keep up with them on the scoreboard. Not sure Oregon has the D to stop USC's offense.

Oregon State of course provides for a dangerous game as well.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You think we lose Saturday? This projection does.

GoULL

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I seriously think Oregon doesn't lose this season...they will play either Boise or TCU (hopefully TCU) for the NCG.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Like most conferences, the now PAC2 only concentrates on offense, if they ever match up with a decent offensive, stout defensive squad their in trouble. Maybe the SEC should just secede from the BCS and start it's own system with the ACC. Would be better football anyway.

8. islstl

I predicted 20-17 win based on our defense alone.

I think they have it right that Bama runs the table (which means they beat us and win the tiebreaker should we win every other game).

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope these projections are wrong for a lot of reasons. If we can't play in a BCS Bowl, I want the Cotton or Gator.

I enjoy the Chick-fil-A but want to go somewhere else. The Capital One sucked so bad I don't want to return until they demolish the place and start from scratch. Even then it will still be located in a bad spot.

The Outhouse Bowl finally selected a SEC West team last year (after 13 years) but usually opts for a weaker team from the East. Screw them...let them take a 6-6 team from the East. They don't deserve our money. This is one of two bowls I won't attend. Let them improve their track record with other teams before inviting us.

The Birmingham Bowl? What the hell is this and who wants to waste their time in early January in Birmingham, Alabama in a meaningless bowl? This is the SEC again taking care of their backyard. Just say NO to the Birmingham Bowl and just say NO to the baseball tournament in Hoover.

Alabama and Auburn both have good teams so they should have a shot at playing in BCS Bowls. I just hope the SEC doesn't intervene if either begins to stumble. (Upon further review, the play...) :thumb:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i don't know about you all, but i kinda like getting no respect from anyone.