Updated Bowl Projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The only poll / projection / guess I care about is the BCS and we're sitting in a prime #6 spot right now. We'll most likely jump at least Boise with a win too, al while still having plenty of Football left to play.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

It's in Jerryworld now.

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

They moved the Capital One bowl to Dallas?

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Their projections are always weak. I believe they do bowl projections each week. They pretty much always pick the current #1 and #2 for the title game. Wow, really going out on a limp with those projections.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I think they just look at standings and compile the numbers. SEC #4 goes here against Big 12 #3 here. It's not very hard to do if you have all of the info in front of you. Same with the NCAA tournament.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

No, just the cotton bowl

7. Bayou Bengal11

They are installing astro turf as we speak...not sure why you think the location is bad...its 5 minutes from downtown.

edit...installation is complete

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Glad to hear about the turf and love Orlando...BUT...

I don't like the stadium. It's old and getting to/from bathroom/concessions is not easy to do on the overcrowded "catwalk" we were forced to use.

The transportation was good when we played Iowa...horrible against Penn State. Filling two buses at a time and making everybody wait when 50 buses were ready to load was bad management.

The surrounding area is not good for restaurants, bars, etc.

It has a GREAT payout making it one of the best "financial" bowls. It's also in one of the best "tourist friendly" cities. It's not even close to one of the better venues considering the facilities and surrounding area gameday experience.

If the field is better and doesn't get torn up during the numerous games the previous week, the game will be much better than last year's fiasco. Hopefully they'll spend money on other improvements as well.

***Not a bad little commute for you. As much as I enjoy travel, I'll admit four BCS games in the Dome sure were nice and easy!

I'll gladly travel to Arizona in January!!!

9. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Absolutely agree. I drove around Orlando just to see the sights and the Citrus bowl is right in the middle of a neighborhood. At the time I remember wondering how a big stadium like that could be in that kind of an area.

The Amway arena is the same way. It's surrounded by highways, parking lots, and nothing else. I wanted to eat once before I went to a Magic game, and there's nothing around it.

10. Bayou Bengal11

man, you shouldve gotten with me...some really good places to eat within 5 minutes of that arena. also, the new arena just opened oct 1st....apparently now the best in the NBA. you can fit 4 of the old arenas in the new one.

btw...i believe the citrus bowl renovations are next on the tourism tax list