Updated Football Roster

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Aug 9, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

LSU has the complete roster now including pictures of all the new freshmen and transfer players. Glenn Dorsey's picture is scary! Definitely would not want to meet him in a dark alley. [​IMG]

Full Roster

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Interesting to see XC getting #23, instead of #14 like we all thought. Does this open up the number for getting retired for Michael Clayton? (how likely is it that this would happen?)

3. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

not very likely. if not the university, then at least the basketball team had a policy that no numbers would be retired unless a player completed his eligibility (graduated) from LSU. i remember Shaq's # wasn't even retired until he completed his coursework a few years back.

M Clayton was incredible and I love everything he did at LSU (I even own a #14 jersey), but our future is bright at WR and he may not be the best that ever plays in Death Valley.

If he had come back this year (which would have been silly passing up the 1st round), then he may have gotten his jersey retired. MAYBE.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

He was getting 23 all along. It was his HS number and the number on the jersey LSU game him while recruiting him.

That pic of Nick Child, is not Nick Child.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

#23 is a very unique number for a WR....trying to remember anyone of significance at the college level or even the NFL that would have had that number

6. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

jordan?

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, well I was halfway serious, because aren't there only 3 retired numbers in all of LSU sports? I knew XC had 23 in high school and in the US Army game, but someone on here reported he was getting 14 and everybody seemed to think that was his number. Oh well, represent that 23 XC! And no I do not think there is any prominent football players who wore 23, definately not from LSU.

8. kpjr80

kpjr80 Founding Member

Reed

Josh Reed was #25 wasn't he? So, I don't think that #23 is that odd, at least not at LSU.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only Billy Cannon's #20 is retired in football. In basketball Pettit, Maravich and O'Neal have had jersey numbers retired.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. We always have odd WR #s.