Urban Meyer/Brandon Spikes Suspension

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 5, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Who here believes that Meyer went to Spikes and asked him to sit out the entire game instead of just the first half and announce it was coming directly from him, in an attempt to calm down the masses over the embarrassing light suspension handed down from Douchebag Meyer to begin with?

2. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Dingding!

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree, either that, or Spikes told Meyer, you know what coach, i really don't feel like playing against vandy anyway, we got the east locked up, i can rehab my pulled groin and be back 100% by the time we play South Carolina.

I still think Spikes is Screwface from Marked for Death.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Considering that some on this board, and I would guess several other boards made that exact prediction yesterday, I'd say you hit the nail on the head.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

What a joke!!

If anybody believes this, I have some nice beachfront property in Colorado...

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Being bama Week

I love college coaches who are\were discipline minded:

Sports People; Bryant Suspends 2 - New York Times

Published: December 12, 1981
    Coach Bear Bryant has suspended Thomas Boyd, an all-American linebacker, and Linnie Patrick, a halfback, from the Alabama football squad and said the pair would not participate in the Crimson Tide's Cotton Bowl game against Texas Jan. 1. Bryant said he did not care to make any further comment.
    Boyd was arrested on a felony warrant, then released on $500 bond, one day after police said they found a small amount of marijuana in his car. Patrick was in the car at the time but was not charged. Both players had been suspended earlier in the season for violation of team training rules. In November, Alabama's starting fullback, Ken Simon, was arrested and charged with firing a 16-gauge shotgun, a felony, at two university law students after a traffic accident was narrowly averted. Simon was not dismissed or suspended from the team because, Bryant said, he had not broken training rules.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just when I was going to make a comment about old school coaches being tough on disciplanary issues, I read the comment about the one kid not being suspended for shooting AT 2 people, yet not broken any rules. Hilarious.

8. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I said this same thing the other day in the Brandon Spikes = POS thread.

There is no doubt in my mind that Meyer did this

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

PTI and College Football Live were eating this story up, hook, line, and sinker, talking about how Spikes was a stand up guy for suspending himself, and how it shows character, everyone bought it except for Robert Smith.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Wheres the puke emoticon when you need it.