News Urban Meyer has resigned - again.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bud Lee, Dec 8, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I completely forgot that Chizik is a former UF football player. Though I doubt he would leave Auburn, it's an interesting connection.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He might do like Pete and gtfo of dodge before the hammer drops.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Seriously doubt State could match the money Florida would throw at him if they really wanted him, and they already pay Urban around $4M a year, not to mention the recruiting advantages.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You mean like TCU? Look what their weak schedule did for them?

I think Mullen has done a really good job at Moo U. The gayterds could do much worse.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yes that's it!!
    Kiffin will take the Michigan Job for December; take the Florida job after Unban leaves after the bowl and through spring practice. Then start the season at Florida andthen when Paterno's age issues causes his him to leave 6 games into the season Kiffin will take the Penn State job. That's the Kiffin trifecta.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

To clarify, I did not mean that we should drop the SEC. I mean that it is better to win the SEC with no losses OOC, and take your chances for the BCSNCG, then to win the SEC with OOC losses and not get in the BCSNCG.

I am on the side that believes that since our SEC schedule is so difficult, we should not be playing great OOC games that we could lose and cost us the BCSNCG. If a loss to Oregon next year costs us the BCSNCG then many people will agree with my point!

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just because they frown on it doesn't mean it won't happen. The precedence has been set and as far as I know, there's no rule against it. If they offer to Mullen and he wants it, he'll go. If not, he's got to be kicking himself. If he'd only waited one more year before leaving FU, he'd probably be a shoe in for the job. Then again, he'd be unproven as a head coach, so there may not be enough confidence in his HC'ing abilities.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yes but I think the benefits if we win will stay with us longer than the costs if we lose our first game to a NC game participant. Likely.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Red, I believe Nutt quit at Arkansas. Could be wrong but.. He said he could have stayed but it was time to move on.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I can't remember but did Mullen leave before Meyer retired the 1st time? Seems to me he was only coming back for one year and Mullen could have stayed there as the air apparent. I'm just wondering why he took the MSU job and wouldn't stay to see it through. He had to know that Meyer was reluctant to come back in the 1st place and would leave again soon.