Urban Meyer Stepping down at Florida per ESPN

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by SabanFan, Dec 26, 2009.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Re: Urban Meyer stepping down

I've never been a fan of Meyer's but I certainly hope for the best in whatever health issues he may be facing.

2. scaill1

scaill1 Founding Member

If it is health concerns I wish the man the best, but with Billy Gonzales jumping ship for no real reason has me thinking there is a Scandal Brewing!:huh:

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya, nobody wishes ill health on anybody. Of course we all hope for the best regarding his health.

4. netmeetme

netmeetme Freshman

Breaking News Nick Saban shows interest in Florida job. Rumor has it that Bobby Bowden has also thrown his hat into the ring.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

:rofl: That's priceless. Guess he'll have to move to Massachusettes and coach at Boston College?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think it mainly has to do with the possibility of losing his family more than anything.

7. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

What names were thrown around when it was thought Meyer may leave for ND?

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

But I thought Charlie Weis said it was Pete Carroll who was pulling a Tiger Woods and sleeping with some young hottie :)

9. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I think it's a health issue either to himself or someone in his family. He is one of the most successful coaches in college football and I seriously doubt he was pressured or anything else. He has won 2 out of the last 3 NC's, where is Florida going to find a more qualified coach? Maybe it's just the unreal amount of time required for a top notch college coach and he wanted to actually get to know his family before his kids are grown and gone. Notice how Miles seems to try to make a point of finding time to see his kids little league games and that sort of thing? These days there are some opportunities to make money like most of us can't even imagine but unless you are a big time lawyer, entertainer, or CEO it requires an inordinate amount of your life. I sort of hope he just decided to get control of his life and not some extremely serious health issue to himself or anyone in his family.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I hope you weren't serious.