USC and UGA - Where is LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jpbond, Aug 14, 2004.

1. jpbond

jpbond Freshman

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

...and?

Some people just get so bent out of shape if LSU isn't mentioned in EVERY college football article. :dis:

3. jpbond

jpbond Freshman

I thought it was interesting that so much was made of the beating that Greene suffered against Florida. LSU was the first to show how to beat UGA, and as result the writer of the article is now harping on the importance of their more mature Oline.

I don't care if LSU is never mentioned in an article, but if you are going to do an article on USC and UGA, UGA's problems on pass protection, and the beating that Greene suffered the article should have mentioned LSU. If I remember correctly UF did not harrass Greene as much as Auburn.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Every writer in the country should at least mention LSU just so some of our fans don't feel disrespected!!!! :lol:

Some of the guys on here wouldn't be happy if every writer, sports outlet, etc. said we were going to be the best team in the country and that we should get a free pass into the Orange Bowl.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Media Polls say LSU is the 4th best team . USC is once again playing a weak group of teams . Last they played 2 ranked teams (at the end of the season)

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Many of you will disagree with the assertion that LSU is not getting the respect they rightly deserve for one of two reasons: 1. You are ignoring the national media in the hopes of maintaining your sanity – or – 2. You simply find the need to disagree with something for the sake of arguing. If you don’t feel slighted by the national media right now then you are not reading it or you have alligator tough skin. It is irresponsible to discuss a UGA NC run without mentioning the fact that they will have to defeat LSU or Auburn TWICE! On the other thread the argument has been made that our lack of a returning starter at QB is the main reason for so many discounting our team. I can agree with that to some degree, it makes sense. However, the weaknesses we exploited in both games vs. UGA last year had very little to do with our ability to move the football. Georgia is the most overrated team in America and David Pollack is the most overrated player in America. Regardless, they have issues on the offensive line, they’ve been bitten by the injury bug and they were absolutely demoralized by a Mr. Justin Vincent in the SEC CG. What has changed so dramatically from last year to this year that makes the writers believe the Bulldogs will defeat LSU twice and finally defeat Florida. I’ve taken my LSU glasses off to be fair, and I still can’t see the reasoning behind it…

HYPE = UGA

My beef is with the writers who are glancing over us. I’m not asking for any fans in the media and I don’t expect people to shower our program with accolades, but with Nick Saban (the Coach of the Year) still pacing the sidelines I’m a little unclear as to why they can’t even make mention of our capabilities and the role we may play in the NC picture. It’s a blatant lack of respect. OU was twice the team UGA was a year ago and we put it on them pretty well also. Never have the writers discounted a defending NC in recent memory as much as they are writing off the Tigers. If you don’t care about it, you are a better man than I, but please don’t come on here and say we are needy fans who get our panties in a bunch when we don’t get all the attention we feel we deserve.

7. msully

msully Founding Member

4 is pretty good

___----------> # 4 What have you been reading ? LSU has lost a good receiver and his quarterback ! Last year "Mr. Justin Vincent " had a good passing game that OKLA was looking for ,this year we do not know ,we hope , we have as good a passing game . Without the passing game where will "Mr. Justin Vincent " be ? In the backfield on his butt___------> That is what everyone is looking at , they only know what we know about our qb . They also know how the team played when he was a back-up quarterback . he may come out and set the world on fire ,but if he plays like he did ,we have problems, "Mr. Justin Vincent " is going to have problems!!! I wish oh I wish ,

8. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm not upset with the ranking...

Top 5 is unbelievable and a dream come true for this propgram.

All I'm asking is, What has changed over the course of a year that makes UGA more capable of defeating LSU twice and Florida for only the second time in the last 15 years? What has changed on Georgia's team this year that would have improved their chances last year? I don't see it.

9. CimarronCajun

CimarronCajun Freshman

The change is within LSU, not UGA.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They might want to learn to beat LSU as well. Beating Florida will only get them to the SECCG.

That's the part that baffles and aggravates me. LSU was pretty impressive in whipping Georgia and Oklahoma to finish the season while OU got embarrased in their last 2 games, their QB was nearly killed, and their vaunted stable of all americans were shown up by Tiger Freshmen and sophomores. Yet, OU is in everybody's top 2 preseason.
    Screw the Dawg hype. We know they can be beat.