USC AP Poll - NY Times article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Psybex, Dec 10, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    :(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:(:(
    :(:cry::(:(:(:cry::(:(:(
    :(:cry::(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    :(:cry::(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    :(:(:(:(:(:cry::(:(:(
    :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(
    :(:cry::(:cry::(:cry::(:cry::(
    :(:(:(:cry::(:(:(:(:(
    :(:(:(:cry::(:(:(:cry::(
    :(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Way to go DarkHornet! I love it.

3. Golfdude

Golfdude Founding Member

You don't watch a lot of football do you? Except Tiger football.....right?

Bill Finley and drc40 seem to be the only people making sense on this thread.

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

It is not even being mentioned. Not once since this whole BCS outrage started has it been mentioned that if LSU beats Okla, they would have beaten two top 5 teams. We have heard plenty about how SC is outclassing everyone they play. As well as tons of stuff about OU having the burden on having to carry the #1 ranking all year. But not a damn thing about LSU beating top 25 teams, or the road LSU has had to travel.

I'm sick of all this "SC deserves better" "SC deserves atleast half the title" "No one is playing half as good as SC has this late in the season". Just play the bowls out and see where we stand. If they kill Michigan by 30 to 40 pts, then they deserve a share with the winner of the Sugar.

What will happen if SC can't beat Michigan? Will the AP not vote for a number 1? Will they have any other choice, to them, SC is clearly the #1 team.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

If (WHEN) Michigan wins, they will have no choice to vote LSU number 1. Thats why MICHIGAN MUST WIN!

I'm not being spoiled and no I didnt have just one toy as a child. I am just sick and tired of this USuCk luv fest and the ignoring of LSU accomplishments this year. The only way for that to end..FOREVER...is for us to win and USuCk lose. I dont want a tainted title, I dont controversy and dont want to see the Tigers share the front cover of SI with USuCk not because I am spoiled but, because we deserve better and accomplished FAR MORE that SuCk has this year.

Every Tigah fan better be pulling for Michigan BIG TIME!

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Do the math:

7 of 23 AP voters who voted USC #1 were contacted and said they would keep an open mind about USC (should they miraculously win) vs. the Sugar Bowl winner (i.e., LSU) and who deserves to be #1. You can project this out to being roughly 13 of the 42 voters. So if 13 will be open minded about who they will vote in this instance. LSU needs only 8 of these voters to change their mind.

So the outcomes of these games are critical in my opinion. A close "lucky" win for USC over Michigan, vs. a 33-20 LSU victory over OU will get those 8 votes needed.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I tried to make an LSU like that but it came out all screwed up

8. DarkHornet

Thank you, thank you :)

9. adonaitiger

adonaitiger Freshman

this is my first post. i feel almost every angle surrounding this contraversy has been explored. every angle but ONE. there is no way in hell that the rose bowl could be for the NC. the SB contains 2 one loss teams. the rose bowl only has one. i am not stretching when i say that there is no writer/analyst in the country that is willing to declare a 2 loss michigan NC. therefore, how can a one loss team be robbed of a NC for beating another one loss team, when usc has not done the same.

10. DarkHornet

USC hasn't beaten a good team all year, that hasn't stopped the AP and Coaches voting them No. 1. See no reason they would change now.