USC cupboard emptying

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Celtic Tiger, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

sweet...I freakin' HATE the condoms!

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

And the recruits as well, unless they hire a big name quickly:

Some of USC's recruits, particularly out of state, also are reconsidering their interest.

"I talked on Thursday with Seantrel Henderson (Cretin-Derham Hall, St. Paul), Lache Seastrunk (Temple, Texas), and Kyle Prater (Proviso West, Hillside, Ill.), and they all said they were choosing Pete Carroll rather than USC," CBS College Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said.

"If he's not there, there's no reason for them to stay. He's a player's coach, and he's like one of the players. People forget that USC was average before Pete Carroll. He sold it better than anyone in the country. I think the local kids are more likely to stay, but the national ones are more likely to take off. They didn't grow up as USC fans."

Southern California might target Riley again if Carroll leaves - USATODAY.com

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Maybe they can buy saban

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Speaking of Saban, that reminds me of this post I read on the USC forums:

Saturday afternoon, [USC commit] Baxter stood on the Alamodome field after the U.S. Army All-American Bowl with no idea what his next move should be. Baxter, who was named the U.S. Army player of the year after breaking the California record for rushing and passing touchdowns in a season (76) as a senior at Mission Bay High, sounded hurt as he described a meeting between his family and Carroll at Baxter's home about a month ago. "I asked him if he was going to stay," Baxter said. "He looked at me in the eyes and said he was. I guess it's business, if that's what you want to call it."

Look, I like Pete Carroll alot and no one has more appreciation for what he's brought to us, but if he goes to the Seahawks that's one quote that will burn me up for all time. Yeah sure, it's business and I realize these guys may think they are staying and all that, but I never thought of Pete as Nick Saban. I guess they all are mercenaries after all. It's like the entertainment business -- eventually, everyone get's f*cked.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

:lol: It's funny cause that's exactly where I was going with that :lol:

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

How fun would it be to watch that meltdown !!!! It would be epic. Saban would have to move everything out of Bama and then announce from an undisclosed location and then enter the witness protection program.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dude i wish we could land Henderson and Prater, Prater is going to be a monster.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

How bad it would be to be banned from Walmart indefinately:shock:

1 person likes this.
  10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

USC QB commit Jesse Scroggins (Rivals #3 pro-style QB) gives USC a deadline:

The Lakewood High quarterback has imposed a Saturday morning deadline for the Trojans to name a replacement for Coach Pete Carroll, who has resigned to take the same post in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks.

If USC doesn't name a successor by then, Scroggins said, "I'm going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012."

USC football recruits begin to reconsider their futures - latimes.com