USC - Del Rio will be the next coach (or Not)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Celtic Tiger, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

His situation is similar to that of Carrol's. Jack's clock is ticking in Jacksonville. It will take an alum to weather a NCAA section storm. That storm is coming due to a Reggie Bush civil suit that could put Carrol and Bush on the Stand!! That would bring out info on McKnight's recruitment. So it seems McKnight is seeking the refuge of the NFL that Reggie got, after a less than stellar career with the men of Troy. The Horse is at the gate in the name of a civil suit. The rats are leaving the sinking ship. It will take the royalty of former great Players like Garret (Ad)and maybe Another in Del Rio ( Coach) to rebuild their city.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't know if it's all that similar. Del Rio has enjoyed success in the NFL as a head coach. Pete Carroll took a Superbowl team and ran it into the ground.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think Del Rio is smart enough to wait and gauge what the status of the USC program is with respect to the NCAA and any possible penalties.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Pete Carroll winds up making Rick Neuheisel look like the more ethical coach in Los Angeles?

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I hope not...i really like Del Rio and always wanted him to come to BR. i hope this doesnt play out!!

5. Timmy Wood

Timmy Wood Freshman

I'm hearing Chris Petersen of Boise State is a candidate....

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

The other USC alum the people on the Trojan forums think they are going to get is Jeff Fisher (he was a star CB for USC). He was born and raised in Los Angeles and coached for the Los Angeles Rams at one point.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya, he's another name the people on the USC forums think they are going to get. He was born and raised in California, played college ball in California, and got his first coaching job in California.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The crawl on ESPN last night said they would pursue Riley. But I figured they'd go after Peterson.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

NBC just said: "They want to pick Mike Riley, the second guy on their list is Jeff Fisher." They talked about how Fisher said something about how he wasn't interested so it looks like he is staying at Tennessee. They brought up Del Rio, said he might be getting fired soon and that you'd think he'd be looking to jockey for a shot at USC, and they said: "I don't think USC wants Jack Del Rio," like he's some loser. They didn't say why. Hell, the guy was one of the greatest LBs in their history, as well as a very good baseball player for them (was catcher for USC with Mark Mcguire and Randy Johnson and had a really good batting avg and was drafted by a MLB team).

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

One possible longshot is New Mexico State coach DeWayne Walker, who has extensive ties to the USC program.