USC Fan Posting Garbage on Gator's site...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Sep 26, 2007.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know it was propaganda and alot of those plays are easily explained, but the video did portray us in a bad light. However, I do agree that UF is scared.

2. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Wow...I will say one thing. If the people in that thread represent even a minority of the people coming here for the game it is going to get ugly after a day of drinking. I hope people can manage their tempers. :cool:

3. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Agreed!
    I've never seen fans cry about penalties that WERE called. I mean what else do they want, give 'em an automatic six points for a facemask?? Or a PI everytime their reciever doesnt catch an overthrown ball.
    A bunch of f*gs if you want my opinion. I really hoped to see those guys again in the SECCG, but not anymore after what I've seen. Let them go join the ACC or the Big East.
    That's how we play football in the SEC, take it like a man or just leave.

4. RickydSr

RickydSr Founding Member

This was a USC west coaster posting this video not the real USC that was portrayed in said video.

Sounds like he wants Florida to beat us, so they won't have to face us in the MNC.

I do believe they're "SKEERED"

5. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Funny that it's not the opposing players or coaches complaining. People who have actually played the game understand. There is only one legitimate complaint and that's the spearing, other than that, the clip is all spin. Also, at regular speed it didn't appear to be a late hit. It was shown a couple of times at regular speed and wasn't even mentioned by the announcers until it was slowed down.

I seem to recall USCe getting a personal foul, face mask in that game also....

Do you guys remember a few years ago after we beat Florida, can't remember the year, but there was an article and the UF players were actually complimenting LSU players as being such good sports.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I saw the ref mess with the ball during that measurement, but also, I think they had originally gotten a decent spot because the TE's knee went down a good yard and a half behind the little yellow line on CBS.

If you remember in the Swamp last year, we all thought Hester had scored (right before JR's fumble; actually, the center's bad snap), but the replay guys said his elbow was down on the field before the ball crossed the goal line.

Same principle.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

We actually scored but were victims of a phantom holding penalty. On the next play we scored again only to be told that Hester was down before crossing the goal. Somehow they spotted the ball across the 1 yard line and we fumbled on the next play.

Florida was in a similar position and ran on fourth down and goal. Although one ref was running down the line indicating he was short, another one made a very late call of a TD.

As bad as we played and considering we turned the ball over five times, the game would have been completely different if these calls would have gone our way.

I don't condone dirty play but I could see some team getting fired up and taking a shot at Tebow simply because he's a jackass. Being fired up is acceptable. Being a jerk is not and I'm sure there are quite a few guys that would love to knock his block off.

I have a problem with the facemask rule. Why does a defender get flagged for just touching a facemask but a RB, WR, or QB can completely grab the mask of a defender and never get flagged? The announcers call that a great stiff arm. When did grabbing the mask become a stiff arm? It stupid...it's dangerous...and the refs don't seem concerned but God help us if you look at a QB wrong. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  8. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

wow those idiots think they are gonna come into Death Valley and if we both play our "A" game, they will beat us by double digits... I wish I could place a few bets against these idiots..

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

murphy's no call was in a different league than everyone else's. i still never saw the ball move. favorite said after the fact that he never knewe he got facemask and if he did he never would've celebrated. a lot of those things we were penalized for.

none of this affected the outcome of the game. this is just sour grapes by someone with waaaaaaay too much time on their hands. you know, like people who post on message boards.:shock:

10. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

There is nothing wrong with getting your butt whipped.
    But getting whipped and crying about it?
    Man up SC.:helmet: