USC Fan Posting Garbage on Gator's site...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Sep 26, 2007.

1. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

i don't know about this one. if we're talking about the munnerlyn hit, i downloaded the video from youtube and watched the replay frame by frame. in slowmo, i could see where it's a late hit, but it looks like mostly body contact with a helmet to helmet knock as murphy rolls over munnerlyn. was munnerlyn hurt by the tackle? has anyone seen anything about it? even spurrier says he thought lsu played fair except for all the helmet to helmet contact on the punt return that was called back. as for munnerlyn, he was in class this week and fielded practice. here are some tidbits: http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/183753.html maybe i'm way off on this one, but i'm just not seeing the "spearing".

frame by frame (again) here is what i saw. the back judge places the ball and holds it firm while the chains are coming. the referee puts his right hand on the ball to help hold it in place (and perhaps balance himself) as the chain is pulled tight. this causes the ball to tilt back slightly but does not change the position of the ball. the referee and the back judge both hold the ball in place. the referee passes his left hand between the ball and the chain pole a few times. the back judge stands. the referee releases the ball and stands (which causes the ball to shift slightly as the pressure from the ref's hand was taken away). the referee signals first down tigers. bottom line is the ref and the back judge had the ball firmly pushed to the ground before the chains were pulled tight. and that's how i saw it.

i'm glad you said that about Favorite. when i watched that replay, i really felt like that was not intentional. it really looked more like he just got some face mask when he went for the shoulder pad. just my take on it.

hey...wait a minute......... :yelwink2:

2. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

Losers search for excuses.

That's why they'll never be at LSU's level

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He likes you that's why he chose lunch, rather than a "Background on his desktop". He'd rather spend time with you, so he wins either way. Just a tip from a "Guy". :wink:

Be careful, cross a Tiger and a Gator, not sure what that would make kids but they'd be hellacious. :hihi:

4. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

i agree! when i personally am in a situation like this, i either take or make an option that involves spending time with the person. just like tiga said, i win either way. if you wanna make sure he gets "got", insist on lunch and the desktop background! i hate when they do that to me. it takes away part of the "win either way", but i still win either way because most likely the "desktop" is worth it for the lunch! so with lunch and the desktop, he loses amongst friends/colleagues with the desktop but secretly wins in his heart with the time. just thinking out loud.

perhaps a 800 lb gorilla with gator jaws, a gator tail and a chainsaw for a penis? :hihi:

2 people like this.
  5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Nah, we have known each other for years, he is the project manager for a sub I use quite frequently.

Plus my parents and 327 would disown me if I ever married a Gator!! Gotta keep my friends and family happy!!!:D

6. orlandotiger

:rofl:

You soo funny!

7. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I loved both of those games. A big sly grin came to my face when I read that.

That would be the most BA killing machine/football player ever created. Heisman winner 4 years in a row.

As for the dirty playing talk...it's intersting how we've heard these claims all season. We really gotta get control of our thugs :nope: (=sacrasm)

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Okay, I know you're right, but doesn't that just speak volumes about the differences in motive between men and women?

9. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where some guy makes a wacky bet with Elaine that Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars. The loser bought Dinner and the whole episode the guy kept insisting it wasn't a date but kept doing the same thing and I think she even met his parents, etc. Funny episode.

10. orlandotiger

Alright to get the topic off my dating life and back on topic...

The email did prove that thre are the smarter and more knowledgable fans that are out there then what you are seeing on that board. Trust me I hate the Gators more then most but living here have made some great friends that are Gator fans. They are ALWAYS good for some good SEC football talk and especially this year give LSU thier props. They are scared of us and we should be nervous also. This entire game could come down to who makes the last mistake or who makes the biggest one. This will probably be what I used to call a "one play game", after it was over you could name the exact moment the game was won or loose.

These are the games that we wait for and the ones that we dream about after (some nightmares some MUCH better)! If they want to talk trash let them, but for me I am going to enjoy the ride of the next 10 days and of the day of! And this hopefully Sunday morning after the game I can come back to this post thinking about a wonderful week and even better game!