USC fans discuss the onepeat sign

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfreshman21, Jul 12, 2006.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

This fanbase has already been embarassed by throwing urine bottles at old women and children, setting fire to barns, and kicking puppies in front of three year olds.

At least according to Auburn...

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

But we can deny those things ever happened, well not the bottle throwing incident last year, but we can't dismiss the billboard, just try and say a USC fan payed for it to make us look bad.:grin:

3. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

My brother is good friends with the guys who cooked this scheme up. Being a more diplomatic sort, he tried to convince them to make the focus on lobbying for playoffs, or the unfairness of the human polling system, but they wanted it to be more of a "talking smack" kindof thing.

All said, I think it was pretty funny stuff. I mean, billboard paid for by donations over the internet, directly across from USC's campus, degrading their accomplishments? That's good stuff that noone has ever done before in the history of rivalries. Who cares what it makes anyone look like. Who's opinion are the people here concerned about? ESPN? Other schools? Oh gawwwd no! Here's a clue: they already hate our fans. We are the Spurrier Era Florida Fans, updated for the 00's, deserved or not, and it didn't start with a billboard prank.

4. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Ramah would disagree about the barn thing having never happened :hihi: :hihi:

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Rivalry?

In my opinion, most "pranks" are spontaneous and have an element of surprise. Like when Duke students stole Michael Jordan's jersey from the Dean Dome at UNC. This billboard went through design changes, months of news coverage (so that EVERYONE knew it was coming) and no matter what anyone says, it's lame. Anyone who looks at that billboard and thinks, "Yeahhhhhh. Take that USC. Take THAT media," is sad.

6. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

omg sabanfan you are weak. good to see you have a hero on the board but the big sausage man sweats noone. its dumb****s like you who think the sign was brilliant when in reality it takes away from sabans accomplishments.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I'm not a hard person to find on game day. Just so you know.

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

guys...chill out. what's done is done. the damn sign is probably down by now. no need to get in each other faces.

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I would definately say for a long time there was a rivalry with USC, even though we never played them on the field. It was more of a media/PR/public opinion rivalry. I thought it was pretty funny, some people didn't, that's cool. Made for nice filler during the off-season slump, in my opinion. Ah well, it's not even up anymore.

Damn kjunsausage do you need a valium or something?

10. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

It's easy to spot you with the hat and all....

[​IMG]