USC Investigation and Sanctions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by watson1880, May 13, 2010.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

A large majority of the USC board is giddy about this happening, hanging Bush out to dry for doing this to their university, including our own USCVball. They are unretiring his jersey and taking his jersey off of display. They think they've been unfairly punished because of how great their university is. Reading some threads on their board is quite amusing. :dis:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

bush may be the culprit, but he is not the only one. mayo... women's tennis.... it's called lack of institutional control. :rolleye33:

and lets not forget petey had a habit of letting those types on the sidelines and at practice cause after all, they were just friends of the university and supporters of the program, nothing more. :rolleye33:

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

+9 :thumb:

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Lets not go overboard about how honorable USC is by returning Bush's Heisman. This is nothing but a PR move to help their appeal. After all, USC is an institution still proudly displaying O.J. Simpson's Heisman.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

not a PR move.

the NCAA required they permanently disassociate themselves from the guilty athletes or face even tougher penalties.

they're doing as they were told.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Look, I feel like I have to clarify my position in case some people may be thinking that I don't like the sanctions USC faces.

I can't stand USC. They are guilty of Lack of Institutional control. They deserve all the sanctions and more because of their arrogance...because of the arrogance and flaunting of the rules by their (ex)AD, by Petey Carroll, by Kiffen and Orgeron (in the past and currently),. I am enjoying the sanctions probably a little too much.

I just think that Reggie should keep the Heismann because it's an individual honor, not a team one. However, the Heismann's own rules probably include some language that the recipient has to be a college athlete in good standing with the NCAA. If so, then they can take the award away, and then Reggie should give the actual trophy back.

But then again, I also think Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame !!! :thumb:.

Just saw this link to some other opinions regarding this situation...you guys and girls might enjoy.
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/07/new_orleans_saints_links_reggi_2.html

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

rules say you got to be eligible to play to win.
    he's now been ruled ineligible.

debate for a different thread, but Pete got what he deserved.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I realize they had to disassociate from Bush but I dont think that included giving back the Heisman.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my understanding was that they were basically told to make campus look like Reggie never played there.
    I took that to include the Heisman.

This is just my interpretation of the ruling, so I may be wrong.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

No need to start a new topic for this but, Kiffin is carrying on his classless unprofessional conduct day in and day out. This is one of the most embarrassing coaches in any level of football. USC deserves this clown.