USC recruiting class departures

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 30, 2008.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Re: USC recruiting class falling apart?

And Ferrell was never going to be part of this class.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Carroll was always a ucla fan and wanted an offer. He didn't get enough love early from Dorrell so he committed to USC. He's seen the depth at WR at USC and knows he can see the field earlier in Westwood. Good decision on his part. Byron Moore flipped his commitment from ucla to USC after the RS camp. Also look for ucla commit Hasiak to potentially make a similar flip in January after his return visit to the USC campus. It happens.

You're talking about local kids here who grew up watching players like Allen Bradford and Travon Patterson and the talent they have. Those same players still struggle to get more playing time. So do they choose USC knowing it's a battle to start early or likely wait your turn or, choose a school like ucla where they have immediate needs and can make a name for themselves?

And interstingly enough the recruiting violations ticker is pointed in Neuhiesel's direction right now.

This is the same recruiting cycle every year. Sign a core group, lose a few, get a few last minute surprises.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Interestingly enough, USC has been able to avoid the Reggie Bush violations with relative ease. Any other program and they'd have been hammered as soon as the accusations started flying.

4. houtxbengal

houtxbengal Founding Member

Get my info correct? Didn't know it was wrong. Does that mean that you are correct about USC? It was my opinion that you were overstating and overreacting to "speculation" that you read in articles which could come from your deep passion for LSU and/or disdain for USC. However, my point is that there's no credibility in misleading peolpe because your feelings toward a program. There are no facts about what you are claiming. You cherry-picked an article and ran with it based on your emotions and I gave my opinion about it just as you did.

This is a cool room with more facts than feelings (contrary to the other homer/biased commenting of other blogs). It just sounded like something from tigerdroppings or tidesports.

No need to embellish or hate on others. LSU is proud and can stand on its own. Nothing personal. We are entitled to our opinions and freedom of speech. So pardon me and carry on.

1 person likes this.
  5. houtxbengal

Is that right?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yo, tx, read my initial post.

Do you see any disdain in the post? I just simply posted the fact that it seems like an unusual amount of players are considering going elsewhere. I never spoke badly of USC. In fact I am surprised they are having this issue as alluring a prospect as the USC program is to kids, especially on the West Coast.

Don't come at me with the tigerdroppings angle. This is certainly not tigerdroppings.

I brought up what I thought was a worthwhile subject to discuss.

Put it this way, this would be the equivalent of Janzen Jackson going elsewhere, Minter decomitting, and now Davenport thinking about going somewhere else now and saying he doesn't want to have anything to do with LSU.

I think a lot of people outside of LSU would say what the hell is going on there?

If you can't make that logical leap, then I can't help you.

7. houtxbengal

I can see you're on your sack and this is your platform. You can have it, dude.

IMO, it was an overstatement that sounded like some folks in another room. One or two people swapping schools is "falling apart"? Then, we may be falling apart too.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Welcome to the board, btw.

You'll love it here.

9. houtxbengal

Thanks.

I like it here. You guys put out some good, current information.

10. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

I'm not so sure about "falling apart" after watching a few minutes of the coverage of the UA bowl practices. The scroll at the bottom went through all the participants, who they were committed to and if uncommitted who they were considering. Based on that it looked like USC could dump all of its current commits and still end up with a top 5 class. Practically all of the studs listed USC as one of their top choices.

BTW, the guys who stood out to me in the few minutes I watched were T'eo (or whatever his name is); Loston, Wort and Montgomery. As you can tell I was focusing on D.