USC recruiting class departures

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 30, 2008.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Re: USC recruiting class falling apart?

Sure I think we'll get a little less of the top talent and there is good in that. Mutts sometimes make better pets than purebreds. I also think we will continue to see transfers like Brod Green and Vidal Hazelton. Green is an unreal talent and just a terrific kid. He can and will be starting IMO at Arkansas. Not saying Arkie doesn't have great talent but at RB, we've had a glut of sorts which has become quite smaller the last few years. This year we are stacked at WR and really only had a shot at maybe one or two. We've settled on Alshon Jeffrey now I hope he settles on us and not USCe or the Vols.

Sark and team will do a much better job than Ty. I don't know what was going on with TW up there but as of mid-December I think they only had 9 verbals. :eek: The Northwest has plenty of talent so it's not like it wasn't there.

ucla isn't making nearly the strides that most expected. This year they've lost Wood, Graham, Polard, Moore, Hasiak, and may not be able to hold onto Randall Carroll. With Norm Chow likely to remain for only one more year, they've got to do something.

2 people like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no. location location location.

thats like thinking Tulane is going to start affecting LSU's recruiting. the correct answer is, no. will be like saban snagging one or two from La but basically zero effect on the final analysis.

i still contend too many 5 stars leads to a softer team and even moreso if from the left coast.

for whatever reason.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Are some of these kids finally figuring it out? In the end they still want to play and there is only one ball. USC is still going to get the primo kids in each position, but at some point the redundancy has to catch up with them.

4. tirk

more like primo-dona

as long as they are in LA with the hot babes and media attention, all is well. to some, football may just be secondary. thats my theory and Im sticking to it.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I would fall for that except the LA part. Really don't care for that city at all. San Diego trumps it easily.

6. tirk

san diego pretty much trumps any city just minus the football powerhouse and media attention part. 2 important things for recruits.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That and San Diego doesn't have one of these.

http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

But like you said, L.A. has the Lakers, Doyers, and ESPN is coming soon. It's hard to compete with the nightlife.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

ESPN? Are they moving from the east coast?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

USC is turning into the Atlanta Braves of the 90s.

You know you got the horses to win it all, but it all becomes so mundane, knowing you're going to win 10-11 games each year. There is no sense of urgency to take advantage of this window of opportunity. USC fans should remember the 20 years prior to Carroll arriving, which were lackluster for the most part.

And the fans are similiar, jaded and uninterested it seems. Just not a football crazy area. Never will be, I suppose. What a waste.

10. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I cant stand USC either but come on. They have one of the best game day atmostpheres there is. The fans do expect to win, as they should.

Lets be fair, the LSU fan base as great as it can be. May also be some of the worse when LSU is losing. As witnessed this year. Its one thing to come here to b!tch and complain but to boo Lee as vehemently as he was is a whole other thing.