USC recruiting class departures

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 30, 2008.

1. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Re: USC recruiting class falling apart?

You can tell you know your football & what is going on with the Trojans, but I didn't realize you were multi-lingual
    Doyers=Spanish pronunciation of Dodgers.:lol::lol:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There is absolutely no way you compare the fanbase and atmosphere of USC home games vs Death Valley.

Tradition? Sure. Atmosphere, uh, no.

Although CBS has been able to royally screw us out of our advantage more and more recently.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

20 years is a bit too far. PC arrived in 2000. The 90's were the real horror.

Your assessment of the "fans" is not quite correct. USC football fans are actually quite zealous. What has happened though is the success of the program has resulted in sky high ticket prices. People who had been season ticket holders for 20, 30 years and more were priced out of their seats. Brokers and wannabe's purchased those seats and when they go to games, they don't give a rip. It's happening at the pro level as well. How many longtime Pat fans still go to games?

The gameday atmosphere as far as tailgating, etc is as packed and entertaining as ever. In the 90's I could roll in an hour before kickoff no problem. Today I have to roll in at 8 or 9AM for a 5 o'clock kickoff. Believe me, as interesting as it may be for some to see Hollywood types on the sidelines, I'd prefer they get their bandwagon asses off the field.

4. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Are you kidding? I can think of at least 20 schools that have a better gameday atmosphere than USC.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Unless you've been to those 20 AND USC then don't bother.

6. islstl

What kind of prices we talking about?

7. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Death Valley and Swamp are the two best, but the Coliseum is up there.

8. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

And youd be lying too. Its definitely in the top 5 or 10 for sure.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'll just give you my own experience but it's not too far from what others have experienced. I had season seats right smack on the 50, 60 rows up. I had those seats for 10 years and paid $440/season for the pair. After we went undefeated in 2004, I got a letter from the school telling me that if I wanted to stay in those exact seats I would have to join the mid-level support group for $7k/year plus the tickets. :eek:

I don't do extortion so I joined the low level support group for $2,500k/year plus tickets and stayed in the same area. I'm not complaining they are still good seats but not what I had. Seats at the 50 half way up are top tier support group ($10k/year) plus seats. Most of those are scooped up by brokers and resold. Even the seats right in front of me are owned by a broker. Every single game brings a new set of seatmates, and almost always for the opponent. Most are okay (irish fans really are great) but some are obnoxious (Oregon and Arizona) and it's frustrating.

I know some people so I get sideline passes if I choose but it's so crowded with wannabe's that it's not as much fun as it used to be.

1 person likes this.
  10. islstl

Well it sounds like the University is responsible for driving out the die-hards and replacing them with rich folk who probably can't even tell you how many yards it takes to get a first down.

That's pretty sad.