USC roommates at my Men's church retreat last weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Feb 5, 2004.

1. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

You know what i love, and sorry if this is kind of off-subject, but I love Tiger fans in Colorado, Texas, California, Tennessee, and Kentucky being able to talk like this, and share a common bond. It's good to know we represent LSU all over the nation. God Bless you all.

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

We're worldwide...

3. KY TIGER

KY TIGER Freshman

Hey WestCoast

Hey WestCoast, you are at a great church!
    Have visited there numerous times on trips to L.A. & S.D.
    Our former pastor actually moved to Saddleback to be on staff a few years ago, Brad Johnson, although I understand that he has now moved to another church near Malibu?

Our church did Rick Warren's 40 Days of Purpose this past fall and it was amazing.

God's Blessings to you and all Tiger fans!

KY TIGER

4. TennesseeTiger

Our church did the 40 Days of Purpose last year and plan to do it again following the release of "The Passion of Christ" movie.

5. jhunt

jhunt Freshman

sugarlsu, you talking about Baton Rouge?
    My wife is a firstyear teacher here in baton rouge and she's about had it. She's wanted to be a teacher all her life and both her parents are great teachers in our home town, but this inner city school thing is a whole different thing.
    any advice on how to make it through?

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Is "Saddleback" a denomination? Like Catholic, Baptist, etc... I've never heard of it? Just wondering, no flaming. Just can't seem to recall ever hearing about it.

7. TennesseeTiger

It's the name of the church. I think it's affiliated with the SBC. I'm not sure, though.

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

jhunt, I am in New Orleans. I don't think a teacher should quit the profession because they can't make it in an inner city school, there are too many other options out there. All teacher's are not able to handle the discipline, apathy, and just overall impossible situation that they are thrown into. I would tell your wife to keep in mind how many teaching options there are. There are outlying parishes that have better schools , there are private schools too. Tell her that the students in these schools need and deserve good teachers too. Overall the profession is old, and more and more are retiring each year. If she is called to teach, the next step is to find out where, and that might be the process she is going through now. Good luck!

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Tennessee, it is a non-demoninational Christian church. No rules and regulations of a "mother" church. Teach straight from the Bible and principles of Christ. It's pretty contemporary. I usually go to church in jeans and a tee shirt. Summer it's shorts. The messages are practical. Today the sermon was on patience as an example.

Here is a link if you are interested.

http://www.saddleback.com/flash/default.htm

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

GOD BLESS

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WESTCOASTTIGER PRAY FOR THIS OLE REBEL