USC WR's apartment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Apr 30, 2006.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yep, the hits keep on coming. I know this is PFT.com, but they're on this story like white on rice:

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

If, true, let's just dissect this a bit for a moment:

Okay, you can make a case that USC had no knowledge of how Bush's parent's living arrangements were, well, arranged...but coaches/staff not knowing a thing about two of their players...both amateurs...were able to afford paying nearly FOUR THOUSAND A MONTH in rent?

Are you kidding? This is starting to smell less of USC not knowing all this and more like USC willingly turning a blind eye to all that's been going on instead.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

While I think that Bush's situation with his parents' housing certainly sounds fishy, I really think that some of these reporters are really digging deep.

I mean, parents worry about their kids when they go off to college and all parents will want to see their kids reside in a safe place (if not on campus). I REALLY don't see a problem with Leinhart's dad picking up the rent. What difference does it make if Matt's roommate happened to be his teammate??? To me, it doesn't mean a thing. This would be a non-issue if Matt shared the apartment with a personal friend that didn't play football. :dis:

When I was in school, I had to work to pay for my own apartment--not only could my parents NOT afford to pay all of my rent, but they said that if I wanted to live off campus, then I should learn how to be more accountable (life lesson if you will), but during the first month or so after moving in to the apartment, my roommates parents picked up the bills (security deposit and connector fees for phone, etc.).

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

This is really is much ado about nothing at this point. I bet if people digged deep enough, you could find the same thing happening at almost every major football program in the country.

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Yep and a lot more. Unfortunate but true. The thing that amazes me is why those who cheat make it so complicated and traceable. Why not just mail a player big bills on a regular basis with no return address. The player reports it but clearly notes he doen't have any idea who is sending it. No one can take it away form him and he is not involved in deliberate cheating. Am I missing something in this scenario?

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Best quote of the whole story! :hihi:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Things may not neccessarily look bad as individual actions, but add them all up and you can possibly start looking at the charge of lack of institutional control.

9. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Ha ha...LOL Lets take all their trophies! We need the billboard that is up in Los Angeles to change... Never even National champs:thumb:.

I do agree that these reporters are digging way too deep...

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Goes to show you how blood-sucking the media can be. These media jerks have been on USC's jock strap for the better part of this decade...now they're digging so deep that they'll end up really distroying the program that they considered their "meal ticket" and basis of irrational love.