USC's Ryan Francis (from BR's Glen Oaks) killed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, May 13, 2006.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2443805

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman point guard Ryan Francis was shot and killed early Saturday while riding in a car in Louisiana, where he was visiting his mother.

The 19-year-old Francis was killed about 3:30 a.m. in Baton Rouge, said Tim Tessalone, USC's director of sports information.

"We understand he was in a car and somebody shot into the car," Tessalone said.

No other details were immediately available.

Francis was USC's starting point guard and averaged more than seven points a game. He scored 22 points a game at Glen Oaks High School in Baton Rouge, leading his team to a 36-0 record and the state's 4-A championship in 2004-05. Francis was named the 2005 Louisiana Class 4-A Player of the Year.

"We're all devastated," said USC coach Tim Floyd. "We've lost a special young man who in his short time at USC made an impression that will last forever."

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

whoa. that's terrible.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Damn you woulda thought that it would have been the other way around... Jeez BR has become a haven for thuggish acts recently...

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

It seems like things started going down hill sometime around last September. hmmmmm......?

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Note to self: Stay inside after midnight.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Horrible.

Another reason I do not cross the Amite River unless I have no other choice.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Woid...

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i live in california so im out of touch on current BR life. i really hope this doesnt tarnish BR in some way. was this kid doing something shady? it will look really bad if he was just driving around and got shot

9. clair

clair Rockets

i don't know what you call "shady," but no one deserves to get killed in any situation, unless they are about to kill someone in the process

10. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

no no no by no means. but was he involved in a gang or doing something to make somebody mad enuf to shoot him. dont get me wrong, its extremely tragic that he got killed.