USC's Ryan Francis (from BR's Glen Oaks) killed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, May 13, 2006.

1. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

This is really sad news. Francis was a great up and comer on the PAC-10 scene...

Condolences...

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Black on black violence. Gee, when will it end? Just stay the hell out of my neighborhood.

By the way, did you guys hear about the white gang that did that drive by the other day? Two killed, three wounded. One of the killed was a little two year old that was just in the right place at the wrong time. Oh! never mind, it never happened. Not since 1940 anyway. Carry on.

3. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

Actually, Baton Rouge has received national attention in some rather tragic events over the past few years.

Malvo AKA "The DC Sniper", the soldier who killed his fellow comrades while in Kuwait awaiting the Iraq invasion, the serial killers, and it seems like there was another.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Running the streets at 3:30 AM is looking for trouble. It always has been. When I was a kid you might get your ass whipped in an encounter with hoods. Now they may just pull out an Uzi and start blasting away at you.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

right, i made this same point over on the other board and they asked me if i ever went out during college... or even went to college.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm out at 3 in the morning all the time & I'm not asking for trouble. You don't see me getting in altercations with gang members.

It's about who you hang out with and where you chose to do it, not the time.

7. red55

Well, sure if you play it entirely safe and just drive between parties at the country club with the Kumbaya crowd. :wink:

I forget that you haven't been drinking age very long. It was 18 when I was in college. We hung around in bars and night clubs in college and occasionally took off across the river (4:00 closing) or to New Orleans (no closing) when the bars closed here. You do that enough and trouble will find you at some point. I have the scars to show it. My point is that you can get shot these days and you have to be a lot wiser about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Yeah, you wouldn't see me after dark in North BR. I'll stick to the LSU area.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Hey, my country club parties get pretty wild! :hihi:

The legal drinking age? Who cares about that?

:hihi: Whoa, whoa - don't impress us too much there bad@ss... You sound like Crawfish.

And weren't you a hippie back then? Ya'll were supposed to be all about the loving, not the fighting.

10. red55

Naaa. I wasn't a peace and love hippie. I was a sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll hippie. We didn't hang out with the flower power crowd. My crowd worked and hung around clubs and with musicians and roadies a lot. The outlaw biker types were always hitting on our girls.