UT Ticket Sales Lacking. LSU snapping them up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Dec 13, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Here are some snippets from the Advocate article.

LSU has received an allotment of 500 additional tickets from Texas, which will play the Tigers on Jan. 1 in Dallas. Tickets go on sale today at 8 a.m. at the LSU Athletic Ticket Office. They are $75 each

LSU has already sold its allotment of 19,700 Cotton Bowl tickets -- 12,000 through a late-season pre-ordering process and 7,700 more Monday, the day after LSU was invited to the Cotton Bowl.

"We are getting rocked for tickets here," Cotton Bowl Executive Director Rick Baker said. "It's all LSU folks."

Tickets are not moving so swiftly at Texas, which meets Oklahoma in Dallas every year and is playing in its third Cotton Bowl since 1998.

After sending 500 tickets to LSU, Texas still had 6,000 left from its allotment of 19,700, said Mark Harrison, the UT athletic ticket manager.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Say what you will. But LSU is becoming a team everyone wants in their bowl. As proven by the comments of the Peach and Cotton Bowl. Sure we need the record to compete in those bowls and we may get the tar kicked out of us (Maybe) in the Cotton Bowl. But the fact LSU is trying to buy everything in that stadium shows our fan support.

Now with Saban and our fans. LSU can play in a parking lot and we will sell 30,000 tickets for it.

4. Let's just hope that Texas' lack of enthusiasm will rub off on their players.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Buy tickets straight from UT, Tigers. They have plenty left. Infiltrate those orange sections!

Ai-eeeeee!

6. meisterbrau

meisterbrau Freshman

UT's ticket office phone number is (800) 982-BEVO.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ill be in shreveport around Christmas...i think i might buy some nebraska ticets and root against ole miss