VA Tech to the SEC garbage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by -T-, May 18, 2003.

1. -T-

-T- Founding Member

i've been reading how some sec fans want va tech in the sec. could someone explain to me why the sec would even want them? they are a good football team, but would just be another team in the sec. its not like they are a team that would standout. they would never get out of last place in any other sports. they would only be good for bringing down the conference rpi. plus their stadium ranks up there with kentucky and ole miss as far as attendence goes.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Well they would likely compete more than Vandy but I dont see the SEC removing Vandy anytime soon.

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i dont have anything against VT, but i agree with you. they are a decent to pretty good football team (the past few years)...but...man, they dont have much of an athletic program.

if VT would have played in the SEC (or Big XII and maybe Big 10) during their sugar bowl season...then..they would have prolly gone 9-3 or so....funny thing is....florida state would have too.

if VT were to join the SEC...you'd see a lot more 6-5, 7-4 years from them.

does VT even have a baseball team? the SEC is considered a baseball power and i just cant imagine having a school that doesnt even play baseball...if they do...ive never heard anything out of them...much like the rest of their athletic program.

and..didnt they just make the jump out of div 1aa basketball?

it wont happen

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

VT has a baseball program who was Big East Co-Champs with Notre Dame last year.

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Yeah but Vandy is the academic gem stone of the SEC. While Va Tech may be decent in football and baseball, they don't carry the same value to the conference academically that Vandy does.