Vanderbilt...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 14, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/sec/2005_Previews/Vanderbilt_Preview.htm

Reading their Preview.... i cant help but wonder.. will the SEC ever drop Vandy? I doubt they will ever turn their football program around. Will they ever be replaced by a Southern Miss or a North Texas? Adding a Texas school to the SEC would definately be tempting to the SEC because of the huge tv markets there...

2. max

max Founding Member

I would like to see them replaced, but I would hope that we could do better than those two schools. I would go after Miami, Florida State, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or Virginia Tech first. If I couldn't get any of them I would go after Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC St., Virginia, Oklahoma State, or Missouri.

I would like us to drop Vanderbilt and add three schools. We have the twelfth game to make it work.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If Vanderbilt were to leave the SEC, the entire conferences GPA would drop a point. Vanderbilt is a great school, and just love being in the SEC. There fans are good people, stop hating.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I doubt a team would leave another bcs conference to join the SEC.. they would just be making it harder on themselves.. so it would have to be a non-bcs school looking to step up (like louisville did)

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Not to mention that their athlete's are true Student-Athletes and not Athlete-Students. When you look at the SEC as a whole it can be divided in 4 levels of academics... Rung 1: Vanderbilt Rung 2: Florida, USC, UGA Rung 3: Tennessee, Auburn (maybe lower), Ole Miss, Alabama (maybe lower), Arkansas (maybe lower) Rung 4: LSU, Mississippi St ... although this may not be totally accurate... academically this conference is a little behind the curve.

6. clair

clair Rockets

The fans of my T-Ball team were good people too... It don't mean we should be playing LSU every game.

They have no chance to compete here, and htey bring down our strength of schedule.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

They compete in WBB, MBB, Baseball, Softball and probably other sports... just because your football team is atrocious, doesnt mean you give them the boot... you guys are seriously small minded if you think SEC should dump Vanderbilt.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I would agree to dumping South Carolina or Arkansas before Vanderbilt.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Though Arkansas is a powerhouse in the Track and Field area. (Just using your argument against cgisclair against you :grin: )

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I believe his point was that Arkansas and South Carolina are not founding members of the SEC, unlike Vanderbilt.