Vanderbilt...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

thanks for the info...I wasnt too far off I guess.

South Carolina is a lot better than I thought they were...and Kentucky a whole lot lower.

Perceptions are a funny thing...

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Yep, and Im level headed enough to know my University has some work to do if it wants to catch up with the rest of the SEC. Should be long before we break the top 120 though.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Wow. I just learned that Vandy is an original member of the SEC. Why did I think differently?

Have they ever been legitimately competive in SEC football? Why is it that they can be competitive in basketball and baseball, but not football?

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Georgia Tech left the SEC thinking they could become the Notre Dame of the South.

If they ever wanted to come back, I would hope we laugh at them

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Vanderbilt doesn't bend their academic standards much when it comes to sports, therefore not pulling in the best athletes. They also do not put a ton of money into athletics, which doesn't allow them the facilities or payroll to higher a big time coach or woo big time player recruits.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

All this talk of ranking school's is rather pointless. Mainly because all that matters is how they rank for your specific degree. I do feel like LSU has made alot of progress & is on the right track to becoming a great institution.

For too many years, LSU was seen as the school for all the kids in Louisiana to go to. This kept the standards low & the programs offered not quite as capable. I think that since Emmert we've been able to seperate LSU & raise our standards - now you really have to be a rather good student to get in (it's been raised up to a 26 min ACT requirement I believe). Also, LSU is making serious bank off of Texas' top 10% rule (Basically can't get into Univ. of Texas w/out being in the top 10% of your class). We are getting some really quality students from Texas & LSU's getting paid the out-of-state tuition rates, which I imagine makes a big difference in revenues.

I don't ever want LSU to be Vanderbilt - they are way to snooty. But I think being on par with Texas & Georgia is a good goal that we can attain with our Masterplan and some more work.

7. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

uhh... try again... :thumb:

LSU ADMISSION STANDARDS

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

A far cry from the old "open admissions" days, eh? Wow, just how stupid Terry Bradshaw had to have been to not cut the mustard academically at LSU back in the day. :nope:

Damn, you coulda had Terry starting for the Tigers (or, with Cholly Mac being the coach, platooned along with another QB), immediately followed by Bert Jones.

Can you spell s-i-c-k? :eek: