Very disappointed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 18, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

In LSU fans at the game yesterday and for that matter the past 2 weeks. Now I'm sure there were some fans that were all in, but Death Valley was dead yesterday, and 2 weeks in a row on national television were an embarrassment to LSU.

2. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

I hear you...so many empty seats yesterday. I wish I could have gone.

This fan base has gotten so spoiled. Bet you every seat would have been filled if we had beat the Gumps and were still in the hunt.

3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Too many lame asses in the lower bowl only showing up to be seen. They should trade out their tickets with the entire upper deck so they can socialize up where they act like their noses already are.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The West upper was the first to start clearing out. I was there. That said, people started leaving even before the half. I just don't get it. The weather was great. Being there, w/o the benefit of the tv and instant replay, the game was a lot more exciting than it was for all of you in the game chat. I read it this morning and y'all were miserable! Everyone in our section (most stayed, at least through 3.5 qtrs) was having a great time. I am hoarse as I am sure most were. We yelled our asses off.

As to the theme of your OP though, I agree. People aren't fans like they were 20 years ago. I would say at least 30k people left before the start of the 3rd qtr. Pretty sad.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Get over it. Its what you get with TAF controlled tickets bringing in a new crowd. The blue collar crowd has shrunk greatly and have been replaced by a white collar wine and cheese group. They come to see and be seen, they could care less about football. Thats the bad side of TAF, it has also done much good, but this thread is about the crowd.

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I hear the "wine and cheese crowd" at UNC,too. Who are these people? People on the corporate dole? Rich boys and girls? Going to the game, traffic and such, just to be seen seems totally irrational.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Unfortunately I think this will happen/is happening all over the country, as tailgates get even more advanced, people are leaving the game and going "outside" to watch.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Too many of those types have turned into their own version of Stub Hub and use LSU games as an income source now.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The next game I'm at I'm going to booooo the people who leave, tiger bait the ones sitting on their asses, and just be a fucking menace to wine and cheezers

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

What will you do if they offer you sum cheese, sip of wine, and a ............................................toke???:)