Very disappointed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 18, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I like wine and cheese...

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I went to the game. Some people left early, but then it stabilized. It was a close, entertaining game, and the crowd was into it in the 4th qtr. We were hootin and hollerin with the rest of em. It was a good time.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Maybe it wasn't as empty as it looked on TV, but it did appear empty.

I'm also disappointed in the LSU fans every game, except for Alabama and South Carolina. Are we only excited with top 5 match-ups in Tiger Stadium?

For a game that ends at 6 p.m., what's the rationale for leaving early?

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Pathetic. Last night's game had more than your money's worth of excitement; the added bonus of being in Death Valley to actually cheer for our guys in the flesh--priceless!

Reminds me of a game I watched (on TV), the Monday Night Miracle, between the Jets & Dolphins. (Summary below)

The point of that game, as fans, is this: You never know if the game you turn your back on will become the 'game of the century.'
    I laughed out loud as the MNF cameras showed thousands of fans desperately trying to stream back into the stadium as the word spread in the parking lots and in the long lines of cars exiting the lots--and on their car radios (LOL), that they were missing one of the truly amazing comebacks in NFL history.

"It's over when it's over!"

Background

Like their 1994 showdown at Giants Stadium which was made famous by Dan Marino's "fake spike", this game was for first place in the AFC East as both teams entered the game with identical 5-1 records. But unlike the 1994 game which featured the Jets failing to hold a double-digit (18) lead in the second half, it was the Dolphins who failed to hold the lead.

The game is notable for having the second largest fourth-quarter comeback in NFL history and the largest comeback in Jets history. It was also voted the greatest game televised on ABC's Monday Night Football.[2]
    At the end of the third quarter with the score 30–7 in Miami's favor, Jets broadcaster Howard David announced, "And with a whole quarter to go, this game is over."
    The Jets proceeded to stage a furious rally in the fourth quarter, scoring 23 unanswered points to tie the game at 30. They scored three touchdowns and a field goal, but a two-point converstion attempt to Curtis Martin was stopped. On the Dolphins' first play from scrimmage after the game was tied, they took the lead on a long touchdown pass by Jay Fiedlerto Leslie Shepherd. However, the Jets still managed to drive downfield and tie the game. One of the key plays was a 4th down catch at the Dolphins 2-yard line by Richie Andersonas he caught the ball despite a head-on hit by Zach Thomas and Dolphins defensive back Jerry Wilson. Improbably, the tying touchdown was caught by offensive tackle Jumbo Elliott, playing as a tackle-eligible.[3] After Elliott caught the touchdown pass, Dennis Miller remarked how opposing defenses, "couldn't keep him down forever." In the overtime Fiedler was intercepted by Marcus Coleman but Coleman was hit by Thurman Thomas and fumbled the ball back to the Dolphins. Several plays later, Coleman intercepted Fiedler again and this time held on. An eventual Testaverde pass to Wayne Chrebet put the Jets in field goal range, and a pass that was intercepted by Brock Marion hit the ground first, nullifying the turnover. Jets kicker John Hall then won the game with a field goal with 8:13 remaining in the extra session.[3]
    Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, while visiting the ABC broadcast booth, said after halftime,
    Wayne Chrebet is going to pull it off. I think as usual the Jets are going to come from behind, you will see... I think the Dolphins have to be terminated.
    Chrebet would catch a pass in the fourth quarter for a touchdown to tie the game at 30–30, and the Jets would go on to complete the historic comeback.
    The Monday night game for the Jets was in between Games 2 and 3 of the All New York (Yankees vs. Mets) 2000 World Series. The series overshadowed the game. In fact, the crowd broke out into "Lets Go Yankees" chants countered by "Lets Go Mets" chants during the third quarter.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That really doesn't matter in this case. I can't tell you how many times ive heard big fake tit bleach blondes asking whats the score as their group stumbles out of the stadium at the end of the 3rd quarter. They dont care how big the game is or what the score is. Ive seen people pick up their stadium seats and leave during an SEC game with LSU leading by only one point and an entire quarter to play.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

But does that sort of thing happen in other fan bases? Doesn't seem like I see it when watching games from other venues, esp the SEC.

7. TwistedTiger

I can't speak for other stadiums, just what ive seen in ours.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, but don't tell anyone. They think things like this only happen at LSU.

Did anyone see all the open seats when #1 K St. played yesterday?

9. TwistedTiger

Are you dissing K St fans that didnt travel to Texas or Baylor fans that didnt show to see their 4 win 5 loss team? Not quite the same as the #7 team in the nation playing an SEC opponent at home, or am I missing something?

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Baylor, like there's something to do in that town on a Saturday night?:)

StaceyO likes this.