Video for You Lovers of Tax and Big Govenment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Jul 12, 2014.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Keep raising taxes and you'll see more and more jobs going overseas. When jobs go so do those that want those jobs. Those that suck that govt tit have no problem continuing to do so. They will continue to vote for the same policies that lead to higher and higher taxes and fewer jobs.
    My county ha seen a decline for years now. The supervisors and councilman increase taxes across the board and the public school system is terrible. The corporations have been leaving for years and taking those jobs elsewhere. The lock politicians keep taxing and spending. To make ends meet they cut services and increase property taxes. More taxpayers leave an drive the property values down realistically, not politically though. The welfare junkies move in and more taxpayers leave. Never ending cycle. More and more families are leaving because they can't afford taxes and private school tuition,$5000+- a year. This used to be a great city until Detroit policies took hold. All they worry about now is promoting that Blues music crap and govt grants for subsidized housing projects.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You, as a Beatles fan, should know that the 1967 Beatles song Taxman was a protest against the 95% British taxation rate on high incomes. Its less now but you can bet your bottom dollar that Sir Paul and Sir Elton and Sir Mick don't pay the full amount even if they are "officially" British residents. Besides the perks of being Prince Charles polo buddy or doing a free private concert for Prince Williams birthday and stuff like that, there are still tax strategies they can take advantage of to protect their assets. Lets say I'm a mega rich British rock star. I may live in England but my record company is in the Cayman Islands or the Bahamas and is not legally personal income in Britain.

I'm sure that if Ringo wanted to become Sir Ringo it could be arranged. I don't know where Keith Richards lives but after Mick Jagger was knighted he said he didn't want to be Sir Keith.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

cutting taxes is working out well for Kansas

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No rich people pay the full amount, that is one of the problems with the tax codes.

It's out of his hands. The process is old, dogmatic, and run by often obscure members of many committees.

Richards lives in New York City.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No matter what your political leanings are it makes good sense to contribute to both sides. That way you are always in good with the winning side. An attorney friend of mine told me once that he contributes to all of the candidates who have a shot at winning in the judges races. He never knew who he might have a case in front of.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And there is the problem. You should not have to bribe people.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You have a point. But that's what's wrong with politics. We love to say America has freedom, but that's bullshit. Freedom cost money and the money you have the more freedom you can buy.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jim Mora was a big believer in "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda" and he got fired.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are confused about the meaning of the word freedom. Freedom is not something you can buy with money. Yes, money can give you the freedom to buy a bigger house, buy nicer cars, take exotic vacations, ect. But whether you think so or not you are a free man. You have the freedom to choose. Don't show up for work. Nobody is going to drag you back in chains. Don't pay your electric bill. You have exercised your freedom to live in the dark. Your choice. Bad choices, yes,, but you are free to choose. Your freedom and mine was not paid for with money. It was paid for with the blood of generations who came before us and fought for it.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes it is. Ask Wall Street Bankers, ask BP. You got enough money, you can do whatever the fuck you want.