Video for You Lovers of Tax and Big Govenment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Jul 12, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course. We can make it that way. One thing is for sure, we can NEVER pay down the debt without posting some income surpluses. Running away from taxes only makes the debt problem worse.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Cutting unnecessary bullshit out of the budget is an even better way to start.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh but it is. You can color it however you like but at the very bottom of it all you are just pissed that they have a lot of cheese. I never said you were on welfare, of course I know better. It was not personal. Generalization homie.

No I don't have any idea, but I'd imagine based on the people I do know and what they contribute, it is probably safe to assume it is a substantial amount. The point is, it isn't fair to say they don't contribute when in fact they do.

Ahh there it is. Those bastards!

Exactly, I'm not the one saying they need to owe more

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nope, I have a lot of cheese myself. I have no problems with great wealth. I just get pissed when they can be that wealthy and be stingy and cheap when taxes really doesn't hurt them much at all. They always want more, at the expense of those with less. Why should they deserve a 15% rate on vast amounts of income while you pay 25% on ALL of yours.

Stop right there.

I never said that they don't contribute, I said that their contributions don't amount to all that much compared to their tax obligations. And they get a tax break for doing so!

Answer the question, why do you carry water for the ultra-rich when they do nothing for you?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I have posted the CBO numbers to prove everything red is saying wrong so many times that I can't count.

The percentage of taxes paid by the 1% is greater than the percentage of overall income they make proving they pay more than their fair share. They also pay the highest effective tax rates. The capital gains reduction has had little change in the effective rate paid by the top 1, 5, and ten percent.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/57xx/doc5746/08-13-effectivefedtaxrates.pdf

see page 20.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  6. shane0911

Of course you have, he is just a bitter old coot that hates rich white people.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's crazy to me is the millions they spend to avoid getting taxed fairly. That makes no sense.

8. shane0911

They dont' get rich by giving it away holmes. I've seen very wealthy folks wash plastic cups, knives and forks. Why throw away money?

Can't have it both ways home slice

I'm doing no such thing. I dont hold them in contempt the way that you do because they are better off that I am. I don't care because it doesn't affect me, good for them. I do however have issue with you or a government or anyone else trying to take something from them that is rightfully theirs. That is the same as if someone wanted to cut down one of your trees, or someone that tried to steal @LaSalleAve bong or @lsutiga prize girlfriend errr I mean goat. Leave other peoples shit alone.

gyver and Bengal B like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You would really defend my bong if someone was trying to take it?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have it on good authority that she is not a goat but an anatomically correct inflatable sheep. Her name is Love Ewe. Here is her picture

[​IMG]

gyver likes this.