View from a quiet lurker... am I a negatiger? I don't see it.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vwinterr, Oct 1, 2010.

1. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

eh... I'd say it was a depleted unc, and west va didn't have devine, but doesn't mean they were scrubs. I see why you say it was hypocritcal, but to me fcs teams, ull's, mcneese st... those are cupcakes.

For the Boo'ers... to hell with them. I agree. As a fan that has only been able to enter tiger stadium for a 'cupcake' game it's insulting for anyone that leaves during an actual contest or even a conference game... I think I know how loud that place can be, but I'm pretty sure 3rd down against north texas when we were up almost 50 just isn't the same as 5 4th down conversions towards the end of a game. .Maybe there's some perspective to be had for me there :D

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And I don't mean to lash out, but the perspective remark is more in regards to folks acting like it's the end of the world because our offense is inept. We're clicking really well in other areas of the game, and our team can suit up against anyone in the country with a great chance of winning.

Most programs simply cannot say that. So, our program isn't really headed into the toilet.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Bingo

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes.

5. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Or the QBs are not football smart.

6. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

No offense taken :)

I don't think our program is heading down the toilet... I ... I don't think the world is ending b/c of it... but I do think our offense is inept.

Seeing our defense, even with young guys, rise to insane levels ... beyond what I think we even hoped for, gives me hope. I'm just frustrated we can't get all cylinders working.

does that mean I wouldn't buy JJ's dinner if I saw him walk into a restaurant? Absolutely I would... as I would for any tiger I felt gave what what he had... no matter if it was enough or not. (well, i suppose I'd wait until after his eligibility runs out... probably... maybe not... j/k)

At the end of the day I'm still hoping whatever the problem is will be corrected... It's just hard to see with the current progression.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Sure we can. We've done it before and so have they. I think Arkansas would be the hardest to do it against; however, it can be done.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Heck, last year 5 fg's would've beat Florida. :yelwink2:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We beat Auburn 31-7 with 24 1st half points and great defense. How about if we do that vs. Fla, Bama Arkansas and Auburn. Can't happen? Why not?

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Or maybe it smells like two QBs who have risen to their level of incompetence.

No matter how much make-up you put on a pig, it's still a pig.

You think YOU are frustrated? How do you think the coaches feel? You can lead a horse to water and all that...:geaux: