'View' Stars Fight with Bill O'Reilly ... Storm Off Set

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDad, Oct 14, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most of islam is tribal and nationalistic and hate each other. The various sects and factions have warred on each other for millennia. Left to themselves most of islam will set about merrily killing each other. They can have at it, for all I care.

But it is a mistake to give up the real and ongoing mission to eliminate the small radical Al Qaeda sect that actually attacked us in the doomed fantasy of taking on 1.5 billion muslims, most of whom don't give a rat's ass about anything but dinner.

Yeah, yeah. Sure. We heard this about the Communists in the 50's, Black Panthers in the 60's, Hippie leftists in the 70's, radical feminists in the 80's, Gen-X slackers in the 90's. They are going to take over.

Only it never happens. It's just hysterical arm-waving. You only have to look around to see who is deployed on the streets and could take over. They all have names like Manuel, Jose, Carlos, and Juanita.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ok i will bite. who is the one? I actually like Tucker, he is on Bubba the love sponge's show alot.

3. kitavis

kitavis Founding Member

Yeah, yeah. Sure. We heard this about the Communists in the 50's, Black Panthers in the 60's, Hippie leftists in the 70's, radical feminists in the 80's, Gen-X slackers in the 90's. They are going to take over.

--------------------------------------------------

Where you been? The communist of the 50s run damn near everything from schools, unions, ACORN, universities, and media. You don't scratch your head at the Al-Shabbab terrorist cutting a path from Somalia, to Detroit? Hippies? You pay any attention to the sea of teenage waste land today? It boggles the mind. This wasn't OMG arm waving. Mccarthy was no lunatic.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Olberman. I agree.

O'Reilly is unquestionably an egotistical blowhard and his style is certain to put people off. He is not, however, "wrong about most things". You may not agree with him, but his opinions are researched and fact based. And, as I posted earlier, unlike every other name on your list, he makes a concerted effort to hear both sides and to give the benefit of the doubt to views that oppose his.

5. red55

I know you don't know it, but you've gone 'round the bend. :insane:

6. red55

Agreed, except for one point. O'Reilly interrupts his guests and has gone so far as to cut them off. I hate this in a commentary host. It's far better than Rush, who allows no one to speak except himself. But O'Reilly doesn't always allow guest to express themselves if they make points he's not willing to address. It's not a spin-free zone.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

correct. i like that guy.

i dunno who bubba the love sponge is, but from the name i can tell he is some sort of idiotic white middle american fat man, probably with a goatee and oakley sunglasses, a backwards baseball cap, cargo shorts and sandals.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

he is wrong all the time. he is definitely wrong about the mosque.

he may be right about what the polls say, that most americans do not want the mosque. but like i always say to red, we should ignore the polls, people are clowns that dont know a damn thing about nothing.

and maybe his opinions are well-researched and fact based. so are most of red's opinions. still wrong though.

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yeah i love Tucker on Bubba. I used to really like listening to bubba, his bullchit is wearing thin though.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are largely correct, however many times he cuts them off when they begin to spin.