Vince Young's career comes full circle

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 24, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

From his rookie year in 2006 when he guided an 0-5 Titans team left for dead and actually put his team in the playoff picture going into the last weekend of play.

To the 2007 season he would just as soon forget (not to mention what transpired in his personal life).

Fast forward to 2009, when he appears to be guiding an 0-6 Titans team to another unbelievable push for the playoffs.

Stay tuned....

2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

This kid is amazingly gifted. I think he could be a good QB if he continues to buckle down and put in the hard work.

So many of these guys work so hard to become a 1st round draft pick and then when they get there, they seem to forget how to work or they feel like they have reached the pinnacle.

Jamarcus could take a few lessons from Vince right now.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I can't imagine them actually making the playoffs, though. What is the rest of their schedule?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man i have been roasting vince young, he is doing a really good job, and shows a fire i haven't seen in him since he was at Texas.

5. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

He looked really good last night. It looks like the coaches finally gave up on fine tuning his mechanics and just left him play.

6. LaSalleAve

they even let him and chris johnson run the option. Option generally doesn't work in the NFL, but with Young and Johnson's speed and quick burst, thats dangerous.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

HE looked real good some of the time last night, but that fumble, wtf. Anyway, cant argue with success.

8. LaSalleAve

no doubt, new meaning to "coughing up the football."

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nope, not even thinking about buying VY. Underneath it all its still the same Vince in there and running around like he did in college will only get him so far.

Now if he had a jersey with a two digit number that started with an "8".... ahhh now we are getting somewhere.:thumb:

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Well, considering the Titans started out 0-6 with one of the worst losses in NFL history, I'd say he's at least helping to make them competitive (which is a hell of a lot better than what they were). How many 0-6 teams ever win 4 in a row? 4-0 with Vince.

I can't imagine them making them playoffs, but they're MUCH improved. They have Arizona and the Colts for the next two so that will be tough on them. Just to have 4 wins at this point is a big accomplishment because I don't think anyone thought they'd reach that total for the whole year with how they started.

VY is still far off in the passing game compared to most QBs in the NFL, but he's got those legs that make many other things possible. It helps a lot that he has one of the very best RBs in the league playing with him (although they were still 0-6 with Johnson at RB to start the season). Vince is very timely with making good runs or athletic plays during important parts of the game and that is what helps him overcome his shortcomings in the passing game.

Of QBs drafted this decade with over 20 starts, VY has the 4th highest winning %. I saw that stat last night. It's hard to believe, but apparently true. As far as the most important stat goes, he's done well for them when starting.