Vince Young's career comes full circle

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 24, 2009.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think Jeff Fisher wanted a certain type of play from Vince, and prior to the benching, Vince was too prone to take off and run, or try to force the ball where he shouldn't, didn't work hard enough to improve himself.

Fisher really looks like he sat on Vince, said you'll do it my way or ride the pine. Collins year last year made it more possible. Vince got the message, and some help from mentors like Steve McNair, who said "listen to the coach, work with him", and I think the competitiveness in Vince kicked in, he truly wants to be a winner.

A year sitting and watching, and improving his skills has helped him. All these rookie #1 picks making 10 mil. a year, and the franchise feels they have to play them cause they make so much. The vast majority are not ready (although the kid in Atlanta does a good impersonation of a starting QB in the NFL), and Vince was not ready.

Anyhow, Fisher has Vince playing the system, and within his capability. I saw Vince throw some balls away, good decisions IMO. Plus, he has that tremendous gliding speed that none other beside Vick had at the position, and that is being used occasionally as a weapon, and Vince has it when a play breaks down, he can get a first down and keep a drive going where few other QB's could have done it. I see Tenn. still has him listed at 6' 5", 233 lbs., same as in college. His face looks heavier, I think he's gained a little weight, but he doesn't look like he slowed down any.

I like Vince, and wish him well. I still think he was the most dominant player I've seen in college ball. He carried Tx. to their title, they were little without Vince having a great day. That and a dollar seventy five will get you a Starbucks in the NFL. But it looks like he's adjusted his game, and he may end up owing it to Jeff Fisher. (I thought Jeff should have come in with Vince after 3 losses, 4 at the most. Pretty hard headed move.)

2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Not even close, no way you can get a starbucks coffee for that little :hihi:

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Five in a row now... His performance was amazing today. To drive 99 yards in just over two minutes converting on three fourth downs is incredible. But to throw the winning TD pass on the last play of the game is even better. The cherry on top is doing it to Matt Lineart again like he did in the Rose Bowl.

And he didn't just manage this game or anything, he threw for 387 yards. This playoff thing is starting to seem less crazy now. That would be amazing if that happened. But they have Indy next week. That might be a little too much for them. But you never know...

Vince has something obviously. That's his ninth consecutive start that he's won.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Vince is just a winner. Always has been. Those are the kind of players you want leading your team. And that may have been the best and most epic drive you'll ever see in this lifetime. I love that he keeps crushing Leinart's heart too :hihi:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Like I said, it appears VY is going to push for the playoffs with a team that was left for dead.