vincent "back on track

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Aug 13, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

http://www.nola.com/lsu/t-p/football/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/115536332262730.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I've never seen anyone come back like he did," LSU head trainer Jack Marucci said. "The way he is moving now is amazing. Some people just respond differently, and he's had the right attitude the whole time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

"I told myself I wasn't going to let my senior year be one of those years that I look back on when I'm old and gray and say, 'Damn, I could have done this or I could have done that,' " Vincent said. "I'm putting everything on the line. I don't care what anybody says; I'm going to do the best for my team."

quote:

"He looks like his old self, if not better," running back Jacob Hester said. "It's a tribute to him. He worked his tail off to get back. That's a team player. He's been full speed for about a month.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If Vincent's injury caused him to lose about 10 lbs., it is the best thing that could have happened to him... Putting on those 10-15 lbs. after his freshmen year took away all of his quickness..

3. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

I would love to see him repeat his freshman year and be the MVP of the National Championship game

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

yea i definitely think we all would. He was utterly untackleable those last few games in 03. :crystal: :crystal:

5. clair

clair Rockets

he talked to me today, and said that he is going "all out", and he appears noticably skinnier than years before.

I didn't talk about RB with him, but he did say our coverage units are faster than they have ever been.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I watched the LSU-Bama game last night and I forgot how good of a game Vincent had. I was a little worried he might be our starter to start the season but if he is better than he was against Bama we will be just fine. I like how he was always running downhill and his quick power moves to gain the extra yards. :geauxtige

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yea he played well in that game against a great defense.