virginia tech Hokies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have been on the vt board and Lee Suggs was having a chat. Suggs says vt can beat the Huricanes. Mr Suggs says vt's out of conference games will not be a problem. "VT will win all ooc games.

2. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Thanks. I'm sure Saban will have this blown up real big and placed in the Tiger's Den!:D

3. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Her I Kane?

:confused:
    Isn't Hurricane spelled with 2 r's? I guess in Virginia they don't experience big blow jobs.

4. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Suggs and Surprises?

Nice to be on your board and looking forward to the LSU game. First, of course Suggs thinks we are going to win all our OOC games. He is a fine competitor and as such believes that we can beat everyone on our schedule even the mighty Canes and...dare I say it...an SEC team. Second, if you think he or the rest of our team are going to be surprised by your speed you are dead wrong. Check out our 40 times on either side of the ball, or better than that check out some game film, esp. our games v. Miami, Clemson (watch a DE chase Dantzler down) or FSU (they beat us but not with speed). I think it is SEC/LSU fans that will be surprised, you may not be quite as elite as you think you are.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh you really cannot beat up on the guy. What if Toefield was to say, I think we are going to lose a few games OOC this year for sure and we cannot beat Florida...

You are supposed to believe you can win every game.

I agree, VT has some great fans (At least the ones here) some fresh air having to deal with Auburn fans.

But I dont think the guy is cocky. He thinks his team is going to win the NC. I hope ours does to.

Now would I like for James to say that on national TV. No, but I hope as our boys are putting on the pads they believe this is the year we win the NC....

Plus I doubt an internet chat will make BB material.

Geaux Tigers.

6. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Auburn Fans?

What is the deal with Auburn fans? I have read in a couple places on this board that they are a little...annoying, wasn't aware of that. From what I have read here they may be the WVU fans of the SEC. I still say the movie Deliverance is more like truth than fiction.

7. TexasTigers

JBHokie.

The Big 10 leaned the hard way about the Power of the SEC. I think VT is one heck of a football team. Miami, well they are Miami. Clemson. Well average at best.

Besides VT and Miami that conference has nothing.
    However this is no slight to Miami or VT, both teams could play in the SEC and compete and dominate.. They are that good.

I think everyone realizes Top to Bottom the SEC is no question the strongest Division in college football.

Each conference has its powerhouse. No question. VT, Miami,
    OU, Texas, Nebraksa. Michigan, OSU, to name a few.

However if you look at the SEC there is one bad team. Vandy, the rest are arguably top 25 teams

Geaux tigers

8. TexasTigers

Yes Auburn fans are the worst my friend.

It is so nice having knowlegable people such as yourself come over and talk football..

Their coach is even worse. Everyone in the SEC hates Auburn. Alabama cannot stand them. We cannot stand them.

The sad thing is they were a decent place until their coach showed up. He gets his players to stomp on 50 yard lines of opposing teams. Makes rude gestures to opposing fans and coaches.

Dont know anything about WVU fans. But if they are anything like Auburn fans.

I am sorry.

Anyway, good to have you here. VT is a great team and obviously have great fans. I cannot wait to get up there. I heard VT is beautiful.

9. JBHokie

JBHokie Freshman

Yeah, I'm with you. The SEC is, top to bottom, the best in the land in many ways.
    But although I admit that the BE is clearly not the SEC, its better than you think. 8-2 bowl record the last 2 years, had a team play in the NC 2 out of the last 3 years also. Pitt, 'Cuse, and BC are all going to be at least dangerous this year, and I look for the BE to put at least 4 teams in bowls (not that that means much anymore). Miami may be very good, but remember that their 2 biggest scares came from BE teams, VT and BC. There is more parity among conferences than ever before, and the BE may not be there yet but its on the rise.
    The B10 may have found out the hard way. But they are about the 4th or 5th best conference lately, definitely not their best couple years.

10. TexasTigers

True true my friend. BC is always a team that can win.

As long as you have Miami and VT in that conference it will be a powerhouse conference. Year in and year out (Miami I think cheats personally ... again) those two teams will be a force.

Man I cannot wait, what a game for the both of us to start the season.

What other OOC games does VT play this year besides LSU ?? Any other big schools. LSU only plays VT OOC. The rest are cupcakes, but Saban is trying to fix that. He started by scheduling a school Like VT. Which we like. We get to meet good fans, and we get to play big time schools besides our usual SEC guys.