Virginia Tech vs. USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUZouave, Dec 24, 2003.

1. LSUZouave

LSUZouave Freshman

ESPN just announced that it is official. Virginia Tech will be playing USC on Aug. 28th in the 'Black Coach's Bowl' in Washington DC. I'm currently at my parents home in Chesapeake, VA. Now, I have always loved to hate Virginia Tech, being that many of my friends from High School ended up going to school there while I ended up at LSU. I have to cut them some slack this time though and focus most of my hatred towards Frank Beamer and the Virginia Tech Sports Administration. I have not talked to one Virginia Tech student or fan that is not very upset that they cancelled on us. They were looking forward to coming down to Louisiana and playing us again. The outcry over VaTech bailing on us has been huge in the local papers by both sports writers and fans.
    The excuse that was the most highly circulated by Virginia Tech on why they bailed on us was that because it was only an 11 game season and they wanted/needed an extra home game. Now that they are playing USC at a neutral field is yet another slap on our face. I wish LSU would either sue Virginia Tech and/or cancel on them all together.
    I hope that Virginia Tech's season next year is as successful as it was this year and they get another great bowl like the one they are playing on DECEMBER 26th!
    And just how exactly do Pete Carol and Frank Beamer qualify for the BLACK Coach's Bowl?

Let's hope that the rumors that I have been hearing from some very reliable sources that we are working on a deal with Washington St. for next year pan out.

Merry Christmas

-Kevin

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

They talking idiots on ESPN were talking about this during tonight's game. Said this would be great exposure for USC since they are a victim of this "so called" West Coast bias in college football. To my surprise, Fowler was spearheading this talk, and the country hick Trev was agreeing with every word.

I hope to Jesus USC gets spanked in the Rose, then gets spanked by Vagina Tech to open next season.

Then ESPN, Fowler, and Alberts can shove it up their hey nani nanies.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I am in favor of Virginia Tech beating down any and all opponents on their schedule in the beginning of the year...

That way, they take out all high ranked opponents...

You might ask, "Wouldn't this mean that VaTech would be pretty highly ranked, and end up being an obstacle in our path?"

I would respond by simply pointing out that VT hasn't finished better than 2-4 in any of the last three seasons...Look it up...

4. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

Hmmm... the Whiners vs. the backstabbers- I hope they both lose!

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

:cuss:We should not play them in 2008!!! We have plenty of time now to find a quality opponent if we start looking now. Now way we should just stand there as they repeadedly bitch slap us. Grow some balls Skip, call em up and tell em to stick 2008 up their azz!!!!