Visiting Sept. 25 vs. West Virginia

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OSUcowboys, Aug 23, 2010.

1. OSUcowboys

OSUcowboys Freshman

Hey guys I'm back. I'm so excited to come down and watch you guys play I can hardly stand it. We're going to be heading out from Dallas around 2pm on friday. We were wondering what should we do one friday night? One place a person told me about was superior bar. Can you guys give me some insight on the best places to go?

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I like the bars under the Perkins road Overpass for the night before a game. Duvic's, Ivar's, Chelsea's George's, Schlitz and Giggles, and Zeeland's are all within walking distance of one another and each offers something a little different.

Another place to check out is 3rd street. Again you have several bars within walking distance.

I would avoid Tigerland, because I think it sucks, but some folks like it.

There are also a number of spots right at LSU's northgates. The Chimes has a decent beer selection, the Northgate Tavern usually has a live band or DJ. The Varsity will probably have a a band playing as well.

My favorite bar in Baton Rouge is the Cove. It has lots of good beer and good scotch, but is kind of away from most of the action.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Superior Grill (Mexican Food, not the best but good) has a band playing on Friday nights(My buddys band played last Friday). Look into this menu and check out the assortment of Beers on hand. You can enjoy yourself on a Friday night...

The Chimes Restaurant

The Chimes Restaurant

4. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

This is pretty spot on.

It really depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for. I'm partial to 3rd Street, so that would be my suggestion. There will be a lot of live music down there Friday night. Next would be Perkins Overpass area. The Bulldog is another cool place to have a beer (they have a great selection and a nice patio), but after midnight it morphs into a college/frat type atmosphere. It's also off Perkins.

If you're over the age of 25, avoid Tigerland.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Spanish Moon?

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

above is spot on

7. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

And if you do stop by Team KATT at some point on Saturday, ask them to direct you to the TDT afterwards.

We love taking opposing fans in and plying them with alcohol...

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

OSU shirts are cool but I would buy a Tiger hat. It won't hurt!

You can also buy a game day shirt

it will say something bad about the mountain people and something good about the Tigers!!!

9. OSUcowboys

OSUcowboys Freshman

I probably should of added that most of us that are coming are 24 or 25, there is a couple guys that are a few years older but are content with doing whatever we do usually.

On saturday we are planning on stopping by the team KATT tailgate and some of the others as well. I think most of us all bought LSU stuff to wear. I bought a nice LSU polo like the coaches wear, but I will be wearing my OSU hat.

I tried to PM some of you guys that sent me messages earlier but I guess you have to be a contributor now to do that, so sorry for not being able to get back to you guys.

10. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

Just walk around holding a sign that says "HELP!!! This is my 1st LSU tailgate and I am lost!!!" ... A friend of mine came into town, did that and racked up. Tiger Fans will definitely show you a good time. I heard Team Katt throws a GREAT tailgate.