Visitors for Bama

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by 1BIGTIGER, Oct 23, 2012.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Close to 200 visitors? Is that typical for a big game? Is that a record, lol? Nice list above. Welcome, Mr. LaCouture - good LSU name.

2. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Great name and WELCOME to the LSU family !! Now convince Gilmore that we need him as well to lock that D-line up!

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Probably more than 200 in guys with 2013-2015 recruits coming in. Not uncommon but usually only have 1 or 2 games a year like that by design. Only 8 were official visitors. Les likes to save the officials for the committed guys and top targets for after the season and closer to NSD when possible.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So where do we stand with any of these guys after last night? I think our play was more than good enough to attract some of the big names. And the TS atmosphere had to be inspiring.

5. 1BIGTIGER

Bhelm what you hearing about Gilmore and RSJ after the visit?

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Saw this brief recruiting recap on GTN.......

In Death Valley and beyond, ESPN RecruitingNation reporters tracked down the prospects who witnessed Alabama's win Saturday night at LSU. Here's a recap of the players' reactions so far [​IMG]:

WR Quinn: Mettenberger looked like NFL QB: Louisiana's leading prep receiver from Lake Charles, La./Barbe and a member of the ESPN Watch List for the 2014 signing class also enjoyed meeting a former Tigers standout.

CB Tony Brown applauds Bama, LSU: The ESPN Watch List cornerback called Saturday’s clash of SEC powers "one of the best games I’ve ever been to."

RB Fournette surprised by Bama's play call: Two of Leonard Fournette's top schools, Alabama and LSU, came down to the final minute -- and a a screen play executed to perfection by the Crimson Tide.

Desean Smith liked Nic Jacobs' wrinkle: "I got to talk to [LSU tight ends coach Steve Ensminger] at the end and I told him I liked the way they used the tight ends," Smith said.

Watch List WR Dupre excited by LSU: The 6-foot-3 target couldn't help noticing Zach Mettenberger's explosion for 298 yards and a touchdown with a 68 percent completion rate.

QB commit Rettig: LSU is 'right place': While the Tigers took Saturday's setback hard, Rettig was feeling the emotions with them during his visit.

DT Rod Crayton narrows list to four: The three-star prospect said his top schools currently include Arkansas, LSU, Penn State and Tennessee.

Kendell Beckwith likes 'crazy' Death Valley: "I never thought it could get much crazier at night in Tiger Stadium than it was for South Carolina. ... I thought I had seen it as bad as it could get as far as the fans go, but this game, man. They were crazy as far as hollering. Just all night. I see why it's hard for teams to come in there and win."

ESPN 300 prospects Neal, Herron love visits: Both are commits; Herron, a DL, emailed: "It was great. That was my first game and I feel that I can play right away."

DL Tim Williams: 'It was Alabama loud': The target says Death Valley's game atmosphere is why people want to play for the Tigers.

LB Tre Williams talks Bama-LSU: The 2014 target says he knew LSU had the ability to give Alabama a game if they proved mentally ready.

DT LaCouture pledges to LSU during visit: Formerly committed to his hometown Nebraska Cornhuskers, LaCouture became LSU's 24th commit while in Baton Rouge with his mother.

Players who didn't make it to the game still had opinions to share as well:

Watch List CB Hardeman happy with LSU: "The secondary played ball out there. Jalen Mills is a true freshman, but he’s been playing real well. From top to bottom, the guys stepped up."

Race of 3 for DL Justin Manning?: Manning, a 6-foot-2, 275-pound lineman, has been considered an Oklahoma lean for months, as his brother, DeMarcus Granger, played defensive tackle for the Sooners from 2006 to 2009.

Four-star S Tahaan Goodman stays patient: It pained Goodman to postpone the trip, but that, "Me and Priest Willis (Tempe, Ariz./Marcos de Niza) are still going to head out to Louisiana, but just on a different weekend."

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hearing LSU did everything they needed to do plus some to make Gilmore's mom very comfortable with LSU. I would be a little surprised if he didn't announce to LSU on the 8th.

RSJ was much of the same but don't see him as a lock or anything at this point.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bhelm, don't you think though that RSJ's decision got alot tougher? I mean if he were a lean to A&M, I have to think that this game and the way our offense performed with such young talent, 2 freshman O linemen, 1 sophomore, Chris Faulk coming back, Elliot Porter will be playing next season for PJ, Jeremy Hill a freshman, I mean that had to have made his decision tougher.

9. 1BIGTIGER

Sounds good. Gilmore committing on the 8th any date for RSJ?

10. 1BIGTIGER

I know I am wearing the P&G glasses here but how does RSJ not come to LSU where we desperately need a big receiver. As long as his injury is healed and he can learn the routes he is almost guaranteed early playtime. No contest IMO.