Visitors' seating in TS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Nov 11, 2004.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Why do we always give the visitors a huge contiguous sector of the SE endzone in the lower level ? At away games, the tiger fans are always scattered about, and mostly in the upper decks. Couldn't Skip do something to change that?

I know it will drive me crazy to have to listen to the Bama band play starwars music all night, win or lose.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I agree we should start giving visitors fewer of the good SEZ seats. It just angers me when I go to an away game and never get the same type of seats I would get as a visitor to TS.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

anyone realize that the best seats at away games are in front of/near the band? if you could seat according to that then you'd be set.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

We sat in the damn band 2 years ago at the Swamp and was on ESPN like 5 times during the night.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I remember going to the Swamp in '78 and the first two rows all the way around the stadium were the seats that Tiger fans got...

That's OK we whipped they @sses.... :thumb:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

who was their coach? I can only remember galen hall early 80's.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Doug Dickey, who had previously coached at Tennessee.

He is the man responsible for the "T" on the Vols helmets AND
    the orange and white checkerboard end zones at Neyland.

He was later the AD at UT from '85 until '03.

Dickey left in '79 and Charlie Pell took over.

Galen Hall came in in '84.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Visitor seating is an issue among AD's in the SEC. Some schools already parcel visitor fans out in individual sections scattered about the stadium or just put them all in upper decks. Others, like LSU and Auburn give fairly large contiguous seating including prime sideline low seats to visitors. Skip has stated in a memo that LSU may change their policy if the other SEC schools continue to trend in that direction. He can get megabucks in surcharges from those sideline seats.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Those prime lower seats are given to the opposing teams player's families and they aren't all that great because you can't see over the player's heads. I'm a few rows behind them and I've got a great view, but I wouldn't want to be any lower. You see people getting ripped off on ebay all the time with those lower seats. I got stuck down there one game years ago and couldn't see crap. Luckily, it was raining and Hallman was coaching. With that combination going for me, I was able to sit where I wanted.

10. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I don't mind the block of visitor seats. I think it is good for the opponents to come out of their own fan's seats; that way if a bottle is thrown at them, it's from their fans.

Besides, all of the great goal line stands have been in the South end zone, so their fans saw close up how useless it is to try to score on the Chinese Bandits.

GEAUX TIGERS (BEAT AMAB)