Visting From Across The Pond.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bx77, Jun 14, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that will get you far.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think Kentucky will most likely be a morning game so that's a bit of a bummer. Otherwise, you'll have a great time.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I bet Pippa is, regularly.

2 people like this.
  4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

5. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

thanks for that buddy,

looks awsome!!!!

is it likely to be re arranged to a morning / afternoon game, weve got it down currently as a 7pm start.?!?

any ideas about accomadation, just literally somewhere to crash over night, ideally nearish to the stadium so we havent got to stagger,stumble or crawl too far !!

any suggestions, comfortable park bench, bus shelter... (seriously though just something safe and dry)

appreciate the help guys

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We are at the mercy of television and they don't set final schedule until a few weeks before the game. It could be moved to the afternoon or as early as 11:00 AM, which we hate because it ruins tailgating meal times. Best monitor the situation via the web.

The only hotels (2) within walking distance of the stadium are pricy and probably booked by now. Many more affordable rooms are to be found downtown and off the Interstate Highway exits (Motorway to Brits) but you still need reservations for game days. I'd get a reservation, even if you find a cheaper place to crash when you arrive.

Safety is an issue in the high-crime area north of campus, avoid it at night. If you have a rental car (you need one to get around Baton Rouge, public transportation is beyond miserable), just drive to campus and follow the traffic to the big free parking lots on river road.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would try to find some female students to crash with that live near campus. As far as hotels and such, it's never too early to start looking for rooms around campus.

8. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I thought those were going away this year, as in the free part. I thought it was only free in the Hart Lot area this year.

9. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

Amen to that! lol

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member