Visting From Across The Pond.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bx77, Jun 14, 2011.

1. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

yer somethin like that works for me

ur going to tell me there ur friends arnt u..............arnt u ;)

2. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

Only problem with this is that were not all as devishly good looking as Mr Colin Frizzle. :(

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

they decided to leave the hay lot and one other lot free that they were going to charge for. however, they adjusted the rules AGAIN, and have made it even worse than before. something i didnt think was possible. parking is going to be one huge cluster fu*k!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It always has been. It's just an expensive one now.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

true. but it's gonna be worse. the lines while people wait to get a permit only at certain intersections....

i'm laying money on a road rage shooting over it on the day of the florida game.

6. Cordelia

Cordelia Founding Member

Hello,

You all are going to have the time of your lives. As for transport: Crescent City Tigers-the New Orleans alumni chapter-are on facebook now and they used to have all sorts of transport possibilities. Just ask them. There is also-LA Swift. A bus that runs between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. It is crazy cheap-like 5 bucks each way. We've used it so I know what I'm talking about.
    Message me here and I'll send you my email. I'll be happy to help you anyway I can.
    Geaux Tigers!

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

British accents...drunk coeds...you'll have your picks of the litter.

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

There was a shuttle bus that ran from downtown Baton Rouge (pickup was on North Boulevard maybe?) to the stadium. It cost about $10 round trip, as I recall.

I don't know if it still runs but if it does that might make a downtown stay without a car more feasible.

9. Dean-O

Dean-O Veteran Member

Is the CATS Touchdown Express service on this link the one you're thinking of?
    2010 LSU Football GameDay Parking Updates - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

I hope the info's accurate as that's what we're planning to use as one of the pickup points is right outside our hotel. I just hope it doesn't cut into too much tailgating time!

10. mattyl2003

mattyl2003 Veteran Member

Hey bx77... We too are coming across from the pond but seeing the Northwestern State game as thats the only time we could come, all the hotels nearby were sold out way in advanced, but we got a few rooms at the Radisson which is a fair walk 45-50mins i imagine to the stadium. SO hoping can perhaps get a taxi to as close as possible to the stadium and walk the rest.

That was £30 per person for the night, so not too bad...Have a look there..

Guys, any advice on getting a taxi to as close to the stadium on game day? or do they completely close the whole surrounding roads off??

Cheers