Visting From Across The Pond.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bx77, Jun 14, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i would consider it both. especially dangerous, considering the streets you have to cross and an ungodly interstate on/off ramp intersection where there is no pedestrian thoroughfare.

2. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

cheers Okie, i dont suppose u know how likely we are to be able to get a bus or shuttle from there?

is there likely to be any sort of pick up point from or near there, or being on an interstate is it a non starter.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

sorry, i cant answer your questions. you might try contacting some of the hotels in the area and asking if they have any shuttles to and from tiger stadium on game day. that is all i know to do.

someone local might have more information for you. but it seems that a shuttle is going to be your best bet. it is just a matter of finding one.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You should consider renting a car for a day or two. A cheap subcompact will cost less than taxi fare. You really can't get around Baton Rouge without a car. It's a bloody big place and public transportation sucks. Go ahead and get the hotel reservation. The place on Corporate is nice.

Just get your ass here. We'll find a way to get you to the game.

5. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

we'll be there, dont worry about that,will be my first holiday in a long time so its happening!!

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If you don't mind me asking , why LSU? How did you hear about LSU and what influenced your decision to spend the money to make a trip to see the tigers? Did you have a friend that said something about a game or did you read about it ? What's the story?

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzMjPXPl90E]YouTube - ‪Oblongs - British Quips‬‏[/ame]

8. bx77

bx77 Veteran Member

not at all mate,

If im being brutally honest, and its a little embarassing in heindsight,

i didnt know exactly how truly massive college football is in America,

I used to play college soccer for my university, we would play other universitys from all over the England, and wales once

but my experiance of that in terms of support was basically about 20 or 30 of our mates that have just fallen out of the pub and dont have a lot else to do on a saturday afternoon come down and watch us.

When my mate showed me the stadiums, the crowds, the amospheres and of coarse the tailgating, i was like hell yer!!

Then we decided on this trip to the US and we started looking into where are the best places to go for NFL and College football and to say LSU sold itself is something of an understatement.

It was always going to be LSU, we just never knew it. lol!

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

which game are you coming to?

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Try post 1