Vote Yet?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Oct 20, 2010.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Won't the Republicans be inheriting a booming economy, low unemployment, and a country without problems? After all...the second coming fixed everything (as he said he would) 20 months ago. :D

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And why is that?

It's because they don't know how much of that cash (their money by the way to do with as they please) is going to be consumed by rising health insurance costs, increased taxes after the cuts expire and unknown costs associated with cap and trade, which WILL become law if the Dems stay in power.

"Big Business" employs those individuals that you proclaim the Dems are looking out for. With proper incentives, "Big Business" will begin to invest, expand, produce and, consequently hire people. Democrats favor the individual? No. Dems only want their vote and the only way they know how to get it is to buy it from them.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I only had ONE opportunity to vote against an incumbent and he happened to be a Republican. I didn't vote against him because his opponent is in concert with Obama and I can't vote for that.

I would like to see term limits but won't vote for this current version of Health Care, Cap & Trade, or Redistribution of Wealth.

This is absolutely the worst Congress in U.S. history. Regardless of the final numbers it's great to see many of these people kicked out of office. Now we just need to survive two years and make another big CHANGE!

That's what I HOPE for.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pray tell, what are these incentives? More Bushian Wall Street bailouts? More tax cuts? I thought you were for less government interference. Now here you are asking for government incentives for big business . . . to do business.

Hey, it's business. They should go and get busy or go out of business. If they have huge cash reserves, they don't need government incentives. They just want to transfer the risk to the public and keep the profits private. How can you support this robbery?

5. SabanFan

The incentives are basically to get the hell out of their way. You have your head in the sand. Big Business has money and they don't need to "get busy". They can stand pat until the climate is conducive to investing and expanding. With Obama's polices, real and threatened, that's exactly what they are doing. Big business is under no obligation to help the "little people" and the government can not force them to. That's precisely why the government needs to quit trying to procure revenue by taking it from the big boys. They are too smart for that. Let the big dogs hunt and the people will ultimately benefit.

6. red55

That's just it--that hasn't worked out, it's propaganda that you can't support. The "Trickle-down" theory of economics has never worked and is thoroughly discredited. Big business accounts for a smaller and smaller percentage of the workforce as time passes, currently only 21%.

It is not the self-employed, the government employees, or the small business employees that have sent jobs overseas putting middle-class Americans out of work . . . it is big business, many of them multinational corporations with an agenda that does not place the overall welfare of the United States at the top of their priorities.

They are spending billions under the new Court rulings to elect people who will favor them with tax cuts and incentives and allow them to ship jobs overseas and use cheap illegal immigrants at home. No one has killed more American jobs than big business.

7. SabanFan

Then incentivize (sp?) stay at home corporations. Clearly, taxing and spending doesn't work and builds the deficit to unsustainable levels.

8. red55

Tax-and-Spend was paying the deficit down under Clinton. The Spend-and-Borrow republicans then tanked the debt.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh red, are you trying to tell me that the dems aren't just as far under the sheets with big business? I know you aren't because I would love the opportunity to show you the err of your ways. :D

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As I pointed out, amazingly some of the major resort corporations in Nevada have recorded their largest profits ever over the past yr. Yet we have 14.4% unemployment. Hush yo mouth, because noone is accusing Reid of having his hands in the pockets of these very same corporations. Oh wait, just check who some of his largest contributors are.:dis: