Wade Philips SH*TCANNED!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 8, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Not a chance in Hell..

Saban wont come to Dallas, he and Jerry Jones wouldnt last 2 months. Saban may leave Bama one day, but it aint to come here. He has to have FULL control over everything. He has that at Bama and people who worship the ground he walks on. He wouldnt leave that to come to Dallas. Jones wants and needs another lapdog. He may promise "full authority" to a coach (Like Parcells) but in the end he will never let a coach but the guy and get the credit.
    Why do you think Wade Phillips got the job.

Wont ever happen......

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Dallas has had one playoff win in 14 years. Jones wants success. I would say the odds are better than one chance in hell. ;)

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

That is what was said when Purcells was hired and they were like Oil and water.
    I am not expert but living here I get Cowboys news 24/7. I listen to sports talk radio all day (Yes sad but I work from home).

Not one pudnit or sports blowhard has mentioned Saban's name. None of the experts here in Dallas (If you can call them that)
    He will want Gruden, or an NFL coach. Fact is Jerry has a big mortgage to pay, and although we as SEC fans are mired in the glory of Saban and other SEC coaches. Most people around here could care less about Saban. He is not a "Sexy" name. Plus everyone here see's him as a washout of the NFL.
    Nope Uncle Jerry will have to make a big splash. he even said it today when he said "When 3 people are in the stadium to watch the Cowboys we have a problem"

Saban wont even get a call, nor would I personally think he would leave. Why would Saban come here he is a big big fish in a small pond at Bama. Here with the Cowboys, the pressure, the big stadium, NFL. He will be a fish with a bunch of sharks.
    the only college coach I have heard mentioned over the weeks was Harbough (sp) out of Stanford

Again what do I know but I use the analogy from the great movie Dumb and Dumber...
    "I chance in a Million"

So you are telling me theres a chance....

:)

Also note I hope Saban never leaves Bama, it makes the SEC west better, and frankly I enjoy the Saturday's in November when LSU takes on Bama with Saban at the helm. every game is a last minute thriller with twists and turns.
    I like most do not fear Saban at Bama, he is a great coach but we are doing JUST fine with Mr. Miles. Just fine.
    Keep all the best coaches in the SEC is what I say....

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You know what, you're right. I just watched Jones talking with reporters and he comes across as almost senile and a complete control freak. Im not sure he has all his faculties anymore.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

are you kidding? it would be worth it just to watch the epic gump meltdown!:popcorn:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hold on Texas and DRC, Jerry does come off as a complete jerk, but so does Saban. I'm sure there is going to be some wiggle room. Parcells even though, they didn't mesh, lasted just as long as Papa Wade, and Barry Switzer. I think Jimmy Sexton and Jerry would be able to negotiate this. Sexton could sell ice to an eskimo, and I'm sure Jerry would be willing to give up something, because of the cred Saban would bring.

7. LaSalleAve

Anyone think Jason Garrett sabotaged Wade?

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Could be. Is it just me or does Garrett come off like a weasel to everyone else?

9. LaSalleAve

I think he is a total weasel. Why was the run abandoned in the first 8 games, and then Wade gets fired, all of the sudden Dallas is running the ball more? I think Wade got shafted by Garrett, because he has always wanted this job, and he knew that if he could get Wade fired, then he would be the interim coach.