Wade suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I understand all the euphoria about Woodward and rightly so he appears to be a good get. However a bad AD can screw things up. I remember Bob Broadhead screwing up what I thought was an up and coming football coach in Jerry Stovall. Stovall beat Bear in Tuscaloosa and had fenced in the state for recruiting had the program headed upward then big mouth Bob came in and screwed it up.

Let's hope he is not another Broadhead.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In case you have forgotten Broadhead replaced Stovall with Bill Arnsparger.

Broadhead did a great job as AD. His downfall was in not getting along with Dale Brown.

ROY_LA_CA, kcal, tirk and 1 other person like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Iconrolleyes.gif

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard parts of it and part of an interview with him. Seems very impressive. The really amazing thing is that every single influential power broker in Louisiana was at the press conference and all seemed to be on the same page in their support for Woodward. If you know anything about Louisiana politics you know that's a miracle that even Jesus couldn't make happen.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    kcal, tirk, COTiger and 1 other person like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

But you forget Broadhead and Stovall didnt like each other. Broadhead medled in the football program I know that for a fact and IMHO screwed up what Stovall was getting done. Yes he hired Arnsbarger but that love affair didn't last long. You are right about Brown but that just points out Bob had a problem getting along and keeping coaches.

Not saying Woodward is another Broadhead just hoping he is not. I read something to from an interview with O about Woodward that I didn't like hearing. Didn't like hearing he is a "hands on" type of AD that's what ole Bob was.

Q: Is it different having a guy that's both an administrator and a fan? He can get a different pulse.

EO: "I think Scott's going to be more involved, obviously. Let me say this to you, Joe Alleva hired me. I loved him and I'm very loyal to him and will forever be indebted to him. Scott seemed like he's more of a hands on guy, going to be around, which I invite. He's transparent, we're transparent. I think we're going to get along fine."

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I liked hearing him say that he is a listener. That leads me to believe that he is prone to give major decisions a lot of thought and analysis before making them. Bottom line, I liked what I saw and heard. I think we got us a big time winner.

ParadiseiNC, lsu-i-like, tirk and 2 others like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Thanks you quacker. Lipsey is our Grass Roots Phil Knight so to speak.

Steinberg's and Nike have similar market share :D (local sporting goods store from yrs ago). At least I think he owned it. That place was like Disneyland for a La child. Hunting and fishing crap everywhere.

8. tirk

Hadn't got to hear him but that's good. These things work on momentum. They have to keep moving forward with this.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He owned Steinberg's. I loved going there. Now he is a private firearms dealer. I heard today that he sells half a billion dollars worth of firearms a year.

10. tirk

I think iI heard Michael Jordan first wore an ole beachcomber emblem.

Bengal B likes this.