Wade suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 8, 2019.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah i didnt think about that. its very possible hes worried about riding the pine. college is his game so he should return if hes smart. which he is according to his gpa. his character and leadership will be needed.

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Mays will absolutely be a starter next year.

Hyatt - If Mays isn’t considered athletic enough, then Hyatt definitely isn’t

Manning - Similar playing style to Mays and I don’t see him doing enough to pass Mays

Bishop - more likely seeing minutes at PG and is a freshman

Will Wade loves Mays and he has improved every year.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

mays played last year because they only had 3 guards in the rotation and smart was a freshman. now they have a ton of guards. they are gonna run a much faster gameplan this year, with many more guys getting minutes. its gonna be the havoc/chaos defense or whatever, where the best athletes play most. mays is not a great athlete. he also doesnt drive to the hoop well, and doesnt shoot the 3 well. naz reid is a better shooter than mays.

hyatt is a deadly shooter and will play.

manning is a juco all american, top 5 juco guy. marlon taylor was #17. the top juco guys are legit.

bishop is a better shooter than mays as well.

i think next year the gameplan will be different. way more pressing, way more players in the rotation, and way more 3's shot. mays is neither long/fast/athletic nor a good shooter.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i hope he returns too, he is a great solid role player.

charles manning was a 37.6 % 3pt guy last year. you gotta give that guy the rock and let him throw up triples

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

futhermore, i think wade is a visionary and is changing with the times, like the offense of golden state. a bunch of guys that run and shoot. not much post play. driving dunks, layups, threes. running, defending. they have big guys that play like small guys. durant is a shooter, not a thumper around the rim, even though he is 7 feet tall. he runs, he plays D, and he hits bombs from deep.

even the big galoot white guys in the league now are ballhandlers and shooters. its all about shooting now.

auburn throws up a zillion 3s and they went to the final four. thats the game now. i think wade wants shooters on the floor.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mays is a good guy to handle the ball late in the game with a lead. He is an 88% FT shooter.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

true enough, that is a great role for him to play. late game ball handler.

but from 3 he sucks. 31 percent. wade wants a team of 35% guys flinging bombs. thats why i think he will play manning alot and hyatt. he adapted to a team that wasnt his, made the most of mays. he managed to get some superior athletes last year so they beat people with pure athleticism. running faster, destroying people on the boards. drive and dish and jam. when they were at their best it was a dunk fest. no threes. he wanted drives and drives and dishes and dunks. because of the players he had.

at the end of the mizzou game they pressed full time. ruined mizzou. but thats was just two minutes. wade wants to run that the whole game.

now i think he wants to run and press and hit threes. he had 8 guys before. thats not enough. too tiring to press all game. but with more depth now and more shooters he can move towards the style he wants.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I really hope Manning can replicate his 37.6% 3pt clip here, but I’m skeptical. He was 28% the previous season. Taylor shot over 40% in his last year of JUCO. The game moves a lot faster and defenses are much better at this level.

Hyatt shot 34% from 3 in high school.

I’m really hoping we can land a grad transfer with a quality jump shot.

lsu-i-like, watson1880 and Jmg like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are making good points. lets hear your projected lineup/rotation

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The guy I'm really pulling for to come back is Emmett Williams. Love his tenacity under the boards, and we'll need that without a true center.

kcal, Winston1, Jmg and 2 others like this.