WAFB just reported

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Beaux-Bo, Jan 17, 2005.

1. alaman

alaman Founding Member

It's really a one horse race and has been for a while

2. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

RP is Rohan on steriods------------this kid's good ladies and gentlemen------

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah my son was beating me 38 to 3 at halftime in Madden 2005, Pats vs. Browns . I substituted Ro for Brady and only lost 41 to 30 !

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

There's no doubt Russell was highly touted, but not as highly as RP. Russell was only four star and his position ranking was 6. RP is a five star and has a number 1 position ranking. Plus RP is a dual threat which makes him even more sought after. Many are calling him the top recruit in the nation, of any position.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

JR was the 4th ranked QB on Insiders and got all 5 stars, don't know who you're thinking about, There really is not much difference between the two of them as far as being touted is concerned.

6. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

he was four stars on rivals. He was highly touted as the next great Alabama QB to go out of state, i.e. Tee Martin. He was a lot lot better than Brodie Croyle coming out of High School. Brodie played against extremely weak competetion, Jamarcus led his team to the state championship game as a freshman in the second largest division in Alabama.

I don't see how people can say that RP will come in and start....how many times has that happened with success? Michigan this year? Only cuz Gutierriez got hurt? I fear that RP will not try to run the offense and just run every chance he gets. That is a tendency of young QB's with speed. I would rather build upon Flynn's and Russell's success last year and win with them.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It is certainly a nice thought, but I just don't see RP going to a school where there is a chance he might only play for two years versus going to a school where he almost certainly will play for four years. I hope it happens, but don't get your hopes up on RP becoming a Tiger. The odds are low.

8. philter

philter Founding Member

What makes you think he'd play 4 years at UT? Young is their QB, his Rose bowl performance solidified that spot for at least next year...probably the year after too.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

He was four star and 6th ranked.
    http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=7844

I disagree about them being equally as touted. RP is clearly the jewel of the nation as far as recruiting goes.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Not saying you're wrong, but what do you base that on? (odds are low) Some experts are saying just the opposite.

Also, I think you have it backwards. If he goes to UT, there is a chance he may only play 2 years (when VY leaves). If he comes to LSU, there is a chance he beats both JR and Flynn for the starting job.