WAFB just reported

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Beaux-Bo, Jan 17, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

No one knows how much he will sit or play no matter what school he goes to, he hasn't proven how good or bad he will be. But he has to make that determination himself and decide:

1. Does he have a better chance to play early at UT, Starkville or LSU. Which QB's does he have the best chance at beating out, no one is going to hand him the job right now, although Brown does have a tendency to do that I think, but not with Young on board. At MSU he would probably almost be handed the job based on how their QB looked to me but you never know.

2. If he does have to sit a year or two, where would he rather sit in Austin, Starkville or Baton Rouge?

3. Which program will be better suited to his kind of abilities?

4. Which one will better prepare him for the NFL?

Only RP can make those decisions.

2. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

During Jimbo's interview last night he said that the QB job is wide open. Don't know if that will make a difference to RP but it seems like he could at least come in and compete esp. if no one wins the job in spring ball.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

IMO his chances of starting immediately are much better here than it is at UT. UT clearly has an established qb that has been winning games for them. We haven't had a consitent qb since Mauck left. Our qb situation is obviously still unstable and full of questions. He will no doubt sit behind Young for at least another year at UT.

4. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

I am confident that either Russell or Flynn will step up. They aren't exactly talentless ass clowns. Both are extremely talented. I care more about running the offense correctly and not making rash decisions and trying to force things. If Perrilloux comes in, I don't see any of that getting better.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I'm not sure I'd imply that anyone called Flynn or JR "talentless ass clowns". I've stated before that if we don't get RP, then I will be just as happy with JR and Flynn. I have full confidence that one of them can/will lead this team. It is my opinion that Flynn and JR will be stars. But let's face the facts, as of right now JR hasn't shown us enough consistency to deem him definite starter and Flynn hasn't played enough. Given these facts, I think it's fair to say that if we did get RP, the qb race would be wide open for the 2005 season. It's anyones job to win at this point.

6. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

Yeah, talentless ass clowns may have gone a little too far...but I feel that is the way some perceive them on this board. They act as if Ryan will just be given the job. I want the QB job to be open, so those players can be pushed to the limit. JR and Flynn should have the jump from spring ball and whatever semblance of last year's offense is implemented this year. I firmly believe that when JR is consistent, he is one of the best QB's in the nation, like he showed against Iowa. But when he is rattled and loses confidence, a la Florida, is when I am worried most. Flynn probably should have gotten more snaps, but hopefully he will step up as well. I just dislike it when people write off the players we have currently as an afterthought.

7. philter

philter Founding Member

lol, you think? :thumb:

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Many people spend their lives believing the hype, many of these same people are the ones who were handing the job to Russell 2 years ago as well as last year, and now have fallen off of his bandwagon.

9. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

uuuhhhh.. my question is how old is JR?he isnt exactly a 5th year senior so he will show some inconsistencies but he did have a good showing against a very aggressive and hard hirring iowa d. i think RP will come to LSU because of his family. he will probably be redshirted his first year, and JR will leave after his junior season( when he wins the heisman) and RP will start as a sophmore.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

My comments about JR being inconsistent weren't meant to belittle him for being that way, I was simply pointing out the facts of why he isn't the clear cut starter as of now. I fully expect a player, that has had limited PT like he has, to struggle the way he did but the fact is that he has been inconsistent.