War for Oil

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Apr 1, 2005.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Check out the pay for CEO's of the big oil firms lately and the profits of the companies they run. The war for oil is working just fine.

2. TwistedTiger

Don't expect to see one built in your lifetime when you can hire third world workers for minimum wage with no benifits and dump the waste products in the nearest river. NAFTA is going to turn the US into a third world country.

No doubt!!!!!! We continue to let politicians be bought by the highest bidder like whores on a street corner while the American workers get screwed.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah our company closely monitors those so we are well aware. 2.30 a gallon i dont need to look to know that.

war for oil to lower prices is the war im referring to and the one im willing to reenlist for. heh

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's something I never could figure out. The service station has their big a$$ underground tanks filled for a certain price per gallon. Then, the retail price goes up 2 or 3 times while they are still pumping gas out of those tanks. It seems like the price should remain as is until it's time to re-fill the undergrounds. But what do I know.

5. TwistedTiger

That war never existed, joe tax payer is not a big contributor.

6. TwistedTiger

And have you also noticed that when the price of oil drops it can take weeks if not months for the lower price per barrel to impact the pump? Shouldn't the rise and fall of the barrel of oil take the exact same time to impact the pump?

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I believe the tide is turning as are many other men who have been over to Iraqsince the war began. With that said, the work to be done will take years and years of service from many more men then originally thought. Chances are, I will be sent for the 3rd time back to Iraq within the next two years.
    Then again, I also couldn't even remotely begin to explain by displeasure at the mistakes our government made with the way they went about the war. Whether it is friends having to actually put found metal pieces onto their trucks for simple transportations or several men using hand weapons because their ammo is done and nothing is being sent from HQ.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm with you guys, praying for you also my friend.
    My brother was in the army, First gulf war.
    I forget the city's name, I'm thinking it was in Saudi Arabia.
    First gulf war, there was an explosion in a barracks there toward the end of the war, my brother was near there and didn't get hurt, thank god!

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, this is what your government has to say about gas prices.

Primer on Gasoline Prices

fueleconomy.gov FAQ

I did not find the answer to your question in either place.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm just going to have a pump installed at my house and start buying it wholesale. I'll probably get off alot cheaper.