War Hens sure do attract large crowds for their Spring games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I imagine it was aroudn that many. One side of the stadium was almost completely full.

As for the question of good offense or bad defense...Our defense played amazingly. They definately dominated the scrimmage, as you can tell from the 9-0 final score. Stanley McClover and Quenton Groves are a force at D-end. They were both in Cox's face all day long.

Cox will go through some growing pains, like all SEC QB's do, but I think he will prove to be a good one. Keep in mind nobody expects him to perform like 5th year senior Jason Campbell did, but he will keep us in games.

We did not open up very much of the package because the game was live on CSS and Tuberville and Borges usually don't like to reveal the whole package until closer to the season.

I expect a drop off at QB, and RB's but even better play from our WR's.

Offensive line should be about the same, maybe a touch better.

If this is even possible, I'm expecting our defense to be even better than last year. Which is a scary thought.

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It was damn good defense. Ya'll may be in for a bit of surprise this season ....I can guarantee you Ga Tech will be.

dhead, to address your point, there were certainly more than 25,000 in attendance, mebbe 30K. The planned seating area for 25,000 (J-H is currently under construction) had to be expanded on the fly to accomodate the larger-than-expected crowd.

It was a beautiful day weather-wise, so it helped with attendance to view the current SEC champs. :D

Here's one of the returning defensive captains we all went to see:
    [​IMG]

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Well caddy, I was talking about last year when they posted them numbers and I knew some folks who attended and said they exaggerated by about 15K. Who cares anyway, fan numbers won't matter, GT will be too mature at the key positions for your boys.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

LMAO

Us Aubies will jus' lie here in the weeds and wait for hapless prey :hihi:

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Don't forget about that "Golf Digest" NC bullseye on your backs :hihi:

6. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I think there were 3 rules for the spring game:

1. Kicks could not be run back.

2. Any XP missed is automatically re-tried.

3. No spitting on opposing fans after the game.

7. Tuberville Wins

Tuberville Wins Freshman

Cox hasn't won a heisman yet like your QB Perrilloux, but I am dure he will do fine. Judging from the anti-Auburn posts here, that 10-9 game must really still hurt or maybe it is that 41-7 trashing back in '99. Or maybe the 31-7 win a 3 years ago. Or maybe the fact that Auburn went 13-0 and stole LSU's thunder.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:crystal:

9. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I think its the culmination of the fact that we are the defending SEC champs, we beat them to get there, and it was a close game that we beat them in.

And you throw in the fact that we are LSU's biggest rival, and you have plenty of anti-Auburn to deal with.

Most of the fans over here are pretty cordial about everything...but of course you have those few who are blinded by their hate of AU.

When you hang out over here, you have to realize that you will be treated like you expect to be treated at an Alabama board. I had no idea when I first came over here that LSU fans hated Auburn more than anytime. Our two biggest rivals are Alabama and Georgia, so it never struck me that we could be LSU's biggest...boy was I proven wrong.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I would say that Ole Miss is our biggest rival Aubie. However, Auburn is the only team that gives up competition in the west. Thus we've come to form a competitive nature/rivalry towards you.

The fact that all sorts of stupid things have happened at the games by fans has added fuel to the fire and many fans merely hate your coach, not the whole school.